Is there a bug in updating the nav links

Trying to update the navigation links in a panino theme, however will there changes appear in the editor, when I go to save the changes, the links are not changed. I can changed the wording on the links but the location they direct to will not change. (ie manually writing out a the location of the anchor link)

Is this a known bug?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ben,

I tested that issue on my site with Panino and could not replicate at all - I could change url of link in menu without problem and that change was saved and reflected on front end. So that doesn't look like bug at the moment.
    I would like to tested it on your site, but you would need to tell me on which subsite Panino is activated (you have around 300 subsites). You can leave name of subsite in support message.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ben

Try this:
    1. Create a New Menu in your dashboard wp-admin area with 4 links. Call the menu "Test Menu"
    2. Activate Panino
    3. Change the main navigation url to "Test Menu"
    4. Attempt to change the links in test menu while using the upfront editor.
    5. Save Changes

Visit site in live non-upfront mode.

URL link changes will not save.
    Text of menu will save.

BUG, please report to developer.

150 point please!

• Rupok

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your awesome bounty of 150 points but you don't need to give us any point for bug report. If there is a bug and we can regenerate it in every instance, we will report to our developer right at that moment. It's our job.

Thanks for providing step by step guide of regenerating the issue, but still I could not regenerate this on my test site. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

Chances are low that any other plugins (like caching plugins or security plugins) is causing this, but just to make sure, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Can you please also tell us which subsite in your network to check for this issue as you have lots of subsites?

Please confirm here when you are done granting access. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Ben,

I'm really sorry if I understood that wrong. I hope you are not offended, I had no intention to do that in any way.

Did you repeat these suggested steps on a multi-site installation as requested and not find the same results?

Yes, I repeated those suggested steps on a multisite instance as you requested and could not find the same result. I've created a screencast video showing it: http://take.ms/NbokP

Can you please check and let us know what you think about this?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ben

Thank you for showing that screen cast.

For debugging, I have another small request in your test menu.

Review the attached image.

You will notice the menu consists of two archive menu links, a page menu link and a custom link.

Can you create a custom menu with these link types.

Then perform the same actions.

I could be wrong, but perhaps upfront is having trouble with changing non-custom link menu items to something else.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ben,

Thank you for last information - it was indeed key for replicating this. I tested on Panino and Spirit theme and indeed - changing link type is not working there - it reverts to original one.
    I don't see reported this anywhere so I've send message to developers about that - I also did a quick test on Upfront 1.5 beta and it seems like this issue was addressed there because I was able to change type of link and save it (this was test on single site so I'm waiting for developers confirmation).

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ben

Glad you guys are able to see it now.

Rupok hopefully you are able to see the issue now.

Thanks a lot for your awesome bounty of 150 points but you don't need to give us any point for bug report. If there is a bug and we can regenerate it in every instance, we will report to our developer right at that moment. It's our job.

150 points please awarded to me for finding the bug, and further explaining the bug. Thanks.

• Nithin

Hi Ben,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

There is a new release of Upfront available v1.5, could you please check, and confirm whether it's working in the latest version. You can update it from WPMU DEV > Themes. I tested this in my system, and it seems like the v1.5 has already addressed this issue.

Please let us know how that goes, or if you are still able to replicate this bug. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Ben,

Well, now I can regenerate the issue in both single instance and multisite instance, even with Upfront 1.5. So I'm pinging our developers regarding this right now. I'll update you as soon as I get something from them. I'm sorry for all confusions above.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.