Is there a file library type plugin for buddypress?

Hi there!

Can you tell me if there is a file library type plugin for buddypress that allows users to upload and download files for the member community.

Thank you!

• aecnu

Greetings enspiral,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Though you did not mention what type of files there are a few plugins that will allow media uploads and downloads for example BuddyPress Media plugin and many more located here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=upload+download+buddypress&sort=

Hopefully you will find what you are looking for there if my suggestion did not meet your needs.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• phillcoxon

Thanks fo the reply and my apologies for not being specific enough.

Ideally I'm looking for a download library of sorts where downloads (files, images, pdfs etc) can be categorised into categories and are all available in one location for buddypress members.

Having the ability for members to upload with an option of admin approval on new files before they show up as downloads would be great.

At the moment (being new to BuddyPress) it looks like the only solutions I can find are related to uploading to individual groups.

Thank you!

• aecnu

Greetings enspiral,

Thank you for your clarification, it is certainly appreciated.

It looks like to me that this would fall under the umbrella of a membership site but not even as simple as that since you want to have approval of uploaded items as well.

At the moment (being new to BuddyPress) it looks like the only solutions I can find are related to uploading to individual groups.

To get all the features that you outlined that you wanted I have no doubt that you will need a custom coded solution and it will be a big project far beyond the scope of the support we provide here.

With that said, we (you and I) can submit this for consideration to possibly be developed which may or may not ever happen, it is up to the devloper team to decide what is developed and of course by frequency of user requests ~or~ alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Other then that I see no other options available that even come close to these specifications.

Have you tried the Buddy Press forums to see if anyone there has any ideas?

Do you want me to put this in as a plugin development request?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• phillcoxon

Just to update this thread.

After a great deal of searching and research I stumbled across this free / paid plugin which is exactly what I wanted.

WP-Filebase

The paid version offers a bunch more features and I am very, very happy with it.

WP-Filebase Pro

This is fantastic for membership sites that want to offer a comprehensive download area for files with the ability for users to upload files (admin approval optional), hide file paths, restrict downloads by user role (paid members vs free etc).

The developer seems very open to feature requests and it's under continuous development.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.