IS there a guide to using shortcode?

I'm trying to set up my calendar/event page for Events+

I'm confused on how to use the shortcode.

Thank you

• Alexander

@kelli,

There are a few different ways to do this. I'll explain some here, and just let me know if there's anything you're specifically trying to do and I can elaborate further.

For a basic overview, go to the Events+ -> Shortcodes page in your dashboard.

if you want to show a calender, use this shortcode [eab_calendar] You can add attributes to enable other features such as navigation. For example, this will show a calendar with controls to change month:

[eab_calendar navigation=true]

For a weekly view, enable the "Weekly Event Calendar" add-on. Then you can use this:

[weekly_event_calendar]

Every add-on has an (I) icon you can hover over to find out more.

Finally, to simply show a list of events you can do this:

[eab_archive]

This is commonly used with the following attributes to show more events than just the upcming month:

[eab_archive lookahead=true weeks=24]

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• kelli

Thank you.

Just explaining that helped.

Can you give me an example of what the shortcode would look like if
    I wanted to add a template or title format? When I hover, I see [eab_calendar...template="mystring"

I think I just need to understand how the formatting would look like to add multiple shortcodes.

Also, I was able to get my events on the calendar but the name of event only shows when I hover and when I hover I get a black box. Check it out.
    http://174.121.35.60/~pema/upcoming-events-trainings?date=2013-08

I know this is very fundamental Wordpress stuff but I think I can take it from here if I get help with this.

Can I also change the word TICKETS to SPOTS left?

I really appreciate the help.

• Alexander

Your site is using alot of CSS rules marked with !important including the general hyperlinks on your site. This is causing the links to be colored similiar to the background, and only show on hover.

I can't tell where this is coming from because your caching plugin is combining all the styles. Can you disable all caching temporarily? Then I might be able to track down the problem better.

Specifying a custom template would require that you add a new custom template, and involves some custom development. The default template can be found under default-templates/shortcode-calendar-default.php You can make a copy of this file and modify it to make your own template

Best regards

• Alexander

I wasn't sure if it was the theme (didn't want to believe it) But I just checked and this is definitely theme related.

It looks like these styles are being dynamically applied by some kind of theme customizer module. I don't have access to the theme so I'm not sure, but that's what I would suspect after taking a look at the source here: http://theme-fusion.com/avada

What we'll need to do is fight fire with fire. You can specify your own styles with more explicit selectors to override the ones enforced by your theme:

For example:

.eab-shortcode_calendar a {
    color: white !important;
    }

Your theme might have a place for custom CSS where you can place that. Otherwise you can add it to the stylesheet.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.