Is there a list of MarketPress addons somewhere?

I just spent ages trying to find some of the addons I've already found for MarketPress (floating cart, for example) and looking for others that work with it (Ultimate Branding, for example)... but I can't find them.

Is there a list of plugins and stuff somewhere, or do I have to trawl through all the product-specific pages and blog posts in the hopes of spotting something useful?

Thanks!

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Spike, hope you're well today!

Usually it works the other way around. Instead of having a list of plugins that Marketpress has integration with, we have that stated in other plugins docs (example Events+, Appointments+, CoursePress Pro).

Maybe you could tell us what are you aiming to do so we can give some suggestions? :slight_smile:

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Spike

Hey Bojan,

Thanks for your reply. It's not integration I'm interested in, as much as addons that do extra stuff, make life easier, or whatever. For example, the floating cart is brilliant, as is the product search widget.

The difficulty in the way it works is that (oddly enough, exactly like the WP Codex) I have to know what I want to find before I can search for it. I was hoping that there's a list of addons somewhere, so that I'd look through the list and go "Oooh!" every now and then!

• wp.network

Hey @Spike there really aren't 'addons' for MarketPress like there are with Woo or Exchange and others... thats kinda the schtick of the MarketPress product - that it is a complete solution w/o need for 'addons'.

It is therefore a fairly complex product and can take some time and exploration to understand its features and how to control/use them.

One notable exception to this are the plugins available at MarketPressThemes.com - made by a WPMUdev member who seems to still be active in the community and, imho, has made some really nice 'third-party' MarketPress products. I haven't tried his themes, but like the plugins :slight_smile:

The integrations that @Bojan talks about are great ways to easily do more with MarketPress in ways that go beyond the 'addon' concept... for instance using MarketPress to sell CoursePressPro courses.

I do agree that a cross-indexed list of integrations would be very awesome to have at the usage page for all plugins, as well as deeper documentation in general :slight_smile:

Cheers, Max

• Ben

@TiViSM

The guy who made: http://www.marketpressthemes.com/mp-dynamic-grid-premium-addon-for-marketpress/

did a great job at filling in the gap, a while ago I suggested to WPMU dev team accelerate the dev cycle on Marketpress and work with this guy...noticing now that marketpressthemes is closed...so maybe that is happening! That said...I really wish their was a timeline and roadmap to what is actually happening...more communication between the developers and community is desperately needed.

• wp.network

Hey @Ben I didn't notice until now that marketpressthemes.com is no longer selling new licenses... hmm, hope Nathan has a plan there/is working with WPMUdev already...

That said...I really wish their was a timeline and roadmap to what is actually happening...more communication between the developers and community is desperately needed.

Totally agree. I don't often use iThemes products given my WPMS focus, but I really like how they've started doing public roadmapping via Trello :slight_smile:

https://trello.com/b/IZk2NDLt/ithemes-exchange-public-roadmap

I'd love to see WPMUdev do something similar so we know roughly whats upcoming and in roughly what order over roughly what timeline with out needing to patch together an idea from myriad thread reviews...

Any other suggestions for @Spike?

Cheers, Max