Is there a listing of classes, IDs, divs for Marketpress products so I can modify the CSS.

I am buiding a website and incorporating Marketpress into the site.

The Classic theme layout forproducts is a start, but I need to change the CSS.
Do you have a listing of the div/classes/IDs applied to the product elements so I know what to change?

I did manage to get each item image and H3 centred but it was not an easy task!

i.e. I want to put a border around each store item and increase the spacing between rows, but I cannot find a containing high level div that each item is built into.

Please help,

Cheers,
Stefan

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

I'm guessing you're relatively new to web development by your questions.

In Chrome you can use developer tools:

View --> Developer --> Developer Tools

On Windows and Linux, press
    Control - Shift - I keys to open Developer Tools
    Control - Shift - J to open Developer Tools and bring focus to the Console.
    Control - Shift - C to toggle Inspect Element mode.
    On Mac, press
    ??I (Command - Option - I) keys to open Developer Tools
    ??J (Command - Option - J) to open Developer Tools and bring focus to the Console.
    ^?C (Control - Option - C) to toggle Inspect Element mode.

Some more info here:

https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/overview

FireFox there is FireBug:

http://getfirebug.com/

If you look at various browsers there should be similar sort of tools you can use to inspect the website and it's CSS thus seeing what affects what and where.

That's the best way to get an inside look and to get the styling elements you need, you can even make live edits to see what it will look like once you commit a change over FTP on the actual CSS.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• imageary

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your answer.
    I'm very familiar with firebug, have been using it for years.

As this plugin has been setup for developers to create their own layout via custom CSS, I would expect a page somewhere on WPMU that gives a listing of all the divs used to create layout (what nests within what) and the class and IDs applied to various elements.

I should not have to use firebug to figure this all out for myself.
    Makes hard work for somthing that I should be able to look up.

Is there such a page?

Cheers,
    Stefan

• Timothy Bowers

Nope there isn't such a page, sorry.

I should not have to use firebug to figure this all out for myself.
    Makes hard work for somthing that I should be able to look up.

I started off here as a member and use to take on custom projects developing sites, in fact that's what brought me here initially. I've never found it hard work looking up the code.

That said, I totally and wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying regarding some kind of codex. We have a new area in the works for this sort of thing and it's something I've been pushing for personally.

MarketPress is well documented within the code (php), it's aimed at developers (and non-developers) so naturally that's where a developer would be looking.

If you're looking for the minor styles you can find the CSS here:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns and again we are working towards an area to document such things :slight_smile:

Take care.

• imageary

Hi Timothy,

Thanks again for the reply.

Like many small developers who work as a one man team (for themselves).
    I think a lot of us work 'visually' as well as 'doing the coding'.

If I was marketing the plugin "marketpress' I would have a page that graphically showed the nesting of the layout (divs, etc) and would also show all the classes and IDs that applied to each element.

This gives a quick visual overview of what needs to be changed in order to effect which elements, saves lots of time.

Getting the images and text to centre took quite a bit of work of hunting because there are elements within element within elements, and they were all floted left!

Please pass info to management to help improve the codex.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.