Is there a manual for the in post ads plugin?

Ok, it's forcing me to choose a plugin from the list above but "in post ads" doesn't show up (even though its installed on my site).

So, I chose the WPMU dev dashboard plugin because it made me. BUT, that plugin doesn't work properly either - I can't download any plugins directly from my site. I have to go to WPMUdev's site and upload it to WP.

Onto the In Post Ads plugin issue....

I don't know how the in post ads plugin works and I can't find any documentation other than this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/in-post-ads/

I need something a little more in-depth to learn how to use that plugin.

• PC

Hello Resse,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums and for being a WPMU DEV member.

Ok, it's forcing me to choose a plugin from the list above but "in post ads" doesn't show up (even though its installed on my site).

I have changed it to the right plugin now.

So, I chose the WPMU dev dashboard plugin because it made me. BUT, that plugin doesn't work properly either - I can't download any plugins directly from my site. I have to go to WPMUdev's site and upload it to WP.

What are the symptoms, is there any error message ? Have you made sure that you are logged in using the right username ? Please advise so that I can get this fixed for you.

Onto the In Post Ads plugin issue....

I don't know how the in post ads plugin works and I can't find any documentation other than this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/in-post-ads/

I totally agree with you on the documentation part. We are currently in the process of rewriting the docs and usage instructions for the plugins and in the mean time, we are answering all the usage related queries on the forums. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding this. Any particular options in settings etc. Please ask and I will get that answered asap.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC

Hello @reese_richards

Thanks for posting back and for the screenshot (I have removed the first one as it contained your API Key)

Regarding not being able to install plugins using the Dashboard plugin, it seems to be an issue with the hosting

If this problem continues, please contact your host and ask:
    "Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/wdp-un.php with a GET HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"

I do have a specific question about the In Post Ads plugin:

How do you set it up?

First step

Settings

Enable Custom Ads >> Yes
    Live mode >> Set to No by default while you are setting the plugin up. Once you are done, set it to yes else the ads will not appear
    Show this many Ads >> The number of ads to display per post
    Order Ads by >> You can choose how to order them

Appearance & messages

It will let you choose the ad theme and the messages which appear on the top and bottom of the ad

Advanced

Custom post types Ads It lets you choose on what post types you want to display the ads

Show post metabox it lets you show a meta box in the post editor letting you choose if you want to disable ad on a particular post

Connect categories

Here you can make the plugin work smartly. You can create ads in different ad categories and link them to your post categories. So you can set "Posts from Category 1 only shows ads from Ad category 1"

That is pretty much it. Please feel free to ask if you get stuck anywhere.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.