Is there a method to share a widget across an entire multisite network?

Hi,

For this example I have installed the global posts indexer and global posts widget.

This works perfectly to show posts from across the network on the central core site widget areas through the usual widget area.

But i would like to show the same list of global posts on the child sites within my network (as well as on the main site).

Is there any method to do this. Is there an option i am missing that allows me to select the global posts widget on the child sites widget areas?

I am happy to use any plugin or combination of plugins to achieve widget sharing across the entire network.

(please note in an ideal world i would like to be able to share any widget across the entire network... such as a text widget.)

Thanks
Chris

• Jude

Howdy chris

Hope you are keeping well !

By default the Recent Global Posts widget is only enabled for use by the man site.

You can enable it for all sites on your network as follows:

1. Open up the wp-config.php in the root of your WordPress install

2. Just before the line that says That’s all, stop editing!, add the following:

define('RECENT_GLOBAL_POSTS_WIDGET_MAIN_BLOG_ONLY', false);

(please note in an ideal world i would like to be able to share any widget across the entire network... such as a text widget.)

I am not aware of any easy way of doing this out of the box or with plugins. You may want to have this bit custom coded

Hope that clarifies

Cheers
    Jude.