Is there a Pantheon-like host for multisite?

Hi,

Is there a web host similar to Pantheon that support WP Multsite?

Pantheon explicitly do no support multi site.

Does anyone in wpmudev know of a managed Wordpress host that allows a dedicated server for your Multsite install?

As in, their service keeps Wordpress multi site running fast and secure, whilst we can just get back to living in Wordpress?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Johnny

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @johnnymestizo

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The only managed hosting company (I know) that support multisite too is WPEngine.

Whether you are setting up a personal blog or an intricate and complex multi-site for your brand, WP Engine makes managed WordPress hosting simple, scalable, and secure.

http://wpengine.com/

But I will leave this thread open for suggestion from other commitny members. If they had better suggestion.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

I just got a response back from WP engine sales support, they said wpmudev domain mapping doesn't work:

Thanks for contacting us. We do support multi- site on our Professional & higher plans. WP Engine doesn't support wpmuvdev domain mapping, customers have used in on our platform but it doesn't work.

@Jack Kittering on another post said wpengine works well with domain mapping and pro sites. Is this still the case?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @johnnymestizo

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have not personally used domain mapping with WPEngine so I am not sure about it. I am flagging @Jack Kitterhing here in this thread too for their invaluable feedback on this matter.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @johnnymestizo,

Hope you're well today! I haven't used WPEngine in a couple of years, but I can't see any reason why it won't work, unless they've made some major changes.

What sort of visitors/views did you want to support? Was you looking for dedicated RAM, or are happy with a managed shared plan? Let me know what you're looking for and I'd be happy to advise.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.