Is there a plugin for a Staff Page?

Hi all.

I am looking for a plugin to create a staff page. My client wants something similar to this http://www.sanctuarybymp.com/staff/

We had one but it was using a table in wp and that just doesn't work and was a pain to change.

Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tonihamel,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

No we do not currently have a "Staff" plugin but after looking over their page it appears that it is a product gallery being used as a staff display.

One plugin I did find that may be of use to you for this purpose is the Church Pack plugin

Let me know how it goes if you try it out.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tonihamel,

Sorry to hear that the suggested plugin did not work out for you, but as I had mentioned it indeed looks like they are using a product gallery and it appears that foodfriendfinder seconds that suggestion.

Please advise if you decide to use a product gallery plugin if one is not already provided in your theme.

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @tonihamel I agree with the above statements that they are using a simple gallery. The only problem with something like this is that you need to add the name in photoshope or other photo editing program if you want the names to appear like they are on the website. This is second nature to me as this way if a staff member needs to be replaced then you don't have to worry about forgetting to have the correct name with the correct photo in the event you change the order the photos display in the gallery.

If you want to visit one of my sites I have for a client. This option may work for you as well. I believe the basic plugin is free but for $9 or $10 I purchased the tile theme and that's what is used on the site listed here.

http://www.westsuburbanreferralsgroup.com

This is great as I can store all of the members/staff and you can also have several groups and only display the ones you want on certain pages. For example if you have Staff, Ministry leaders, Small group leaders, Church Members, Teen or youth or anything you can think of. You have one central place to keep track of everyone. Also entries can be in more than one group and will appear on each individual page for that particular group.

Really cool plugin... and with the theme you can show bios, or whatever information you want or not to show. Another really cool feature is that if a member leaves temporarily you can simply hide or make their information private as well.
    In addition to all of that you can set permissions so that certain level can add new members and edit existing members but not delete or several other levels of control.

To check it out go to add plugin in your dashboard, in the search box enter connections. it should be the first one to pop up I believe the developer is Steve Zahn or something close to that. Try it out and i think that this may be what your looking for. The Developer is pretty good at helping you customize any of the themes you purchase as well. However if your a coder it's pretty simple to figure out how to make some of the changes.

The site that shows some of the different themes is at

http://connections-pro.com/templates/cmap/

Let me know if this works out for you.

As you'll see this isn't for Churches directly but can be adapted to just about anything.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

I did something similar.

Created a Hiearchy of pages designed the way i wanted

So for example staff>Teachers staff>teachers>english staff>teachers>english

Set the featured image to be the persons photo.

Then just created a portfolio style page for each category and listed them using the featured image and the name was displayed below using a simple excerpt.

Here is another example of something like this for a wine producers network i did, again using featured images and a portfolio.

http://www.daniz.cz/clenske-obce/

• tonihamel
    • Flash Drive

Thanks acenu, Dean and Tom. I think I am going to try the hierarchy way because I've tried church, connections and other plugins and they just didn't do what they wanted. They saw that hair site and loved exactly how that worked but I haven't been able to duplicate it. They had someone put crazy tables in their staff page that was copied and pasted from their old HTML site and whenever you make a change the whole page spazzes out the fonts change and no one is able to make changes unless they call me. They want all the photos lined up in rows of threes with the photo, name of teacher and title of what they do, then click their image and it takes them to their bio page. I guess this information would have been helpful when I first posted. I really do appreciate all of your help! :slight_smile:

• tonihamel
    • Flash Drive

They want it to look like that salon page and be easy for them to change and not call me every time they need to update. So basically something easy for them to upload a new image and bio without having to ask for instruction or have to crop to exact sizes since they don't know photoshop or even how to crop photos lol.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@tonihamel

Just been having a play round with custompress for a project of my own and it will do what you want, have a look at the tutorial with the plugin, With the added menu item on the Dashboard your users should fine it easy enough. Even the image could be handled through the Featured Image part.

• HunterGatherer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks tom.eagles for pointing me in the direction of Custom Post Types as a solution to content hierarchy problems. It makes a lot of sense to use everything they've packed into the WP core. I find it a challenge trying to think through the combinations available between custom post types, categories and taxonomies. But there's a lot of organization possible without having to use a vertical plug-in.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.