Is there a plugin to display server information?

I'm looking for a wordpress plugin to simply show the server information for things like:
- memory usage
- disk usage
- cpu average load

The idea is to have insight and know when it maybe time to upgrade the current level of hosting to more RAM, disk space, etc.

Failing this I would probably have to install a server control panel to monitor resources.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Spencer, I hope you're well today!
    Unfortunately these things can't be implemented as a plugin since they require the installation of some packages in your server to get stats.
    However, if this is a VPS or Dedicated server and you have SSH/Root access, I would advise you to take a look at NewRelic. I've used them before to monitor a VPS and they are excellent! :slight_smile:
    They even have a free plan.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Spencer
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Quick update: Have installed the New Relic service on my VPS. Totally loving the statistics I needed to monitor. Now I can tell precisely when a VPS upgrade may be needed in the future as we host more and more sites on our wordpress multisite installation.

• Fox Jones

I used ScoutApp (scoutapp.com) for the duration of the trial period they offered, then went with the $10/month plan.

I haven't used NewRelic yet, so I can't compare. But Scout is pretty awesome and worth checking out. There are tons of extra plugins for monitoring things like PHP-FPM and Nginx, and any other aspect of your server you can imagine (bandwidth, free space, etc).

• Fox Jones

so far, so good. lots of nice concisely displayed and organized info about your wp setup that's useful for troubleshooting, but i haven't managed to get all the functions working properly, despite adding the proper line in the wp-config file.

• MEDUSOR

Wonderful that it has so many functions and that you managed to get most of them working.

Did you got the memory and CPU usage monitoring to work ? And if so, did you compare its results/output to any other monitoring tool ?

• Fox Jones

the CPU monitoring worked out of the box. results seem on par with htop or Scout.

the gauges don't seem to displaying accurately, maybe they can't access something, i will look into it next week to see if i missed some setup options.

in the "test suite" tab, the memory test didn't work yesterday, but today it did when i went to check it. : ) it's testing the memory now. the CPU usage is climbing as it makes larger memory requests. from 0.02% to 0.93% over a few minutes, then gradually back down again after the test. test cleared successfully up to 256MB.

in the "system" tab, under checkpoints, the bars all seem very low, 0 - 2 at most, but also showing some specific data below each. not sure if that's good or bad. have a look at the screenshot. it doesn't look like the one in the product screenshots, but that may be purely for for demonstration. : )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.