Is there a shortcode that would just show all the events on one day?

I am using this plugin to display all of the sessions at a four day conference, so each event is one session. This means that there are multiple events on each day. I want to be able to show everything that is happening on each day. So I need a page that displays all of Friday's sessions, one with Saturday's sessions and so on.

I see there is a shortcode for date, but I don't know how I would limit it to displaying only that date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Kent,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the fourms.

How have the events been created ?

Did you just multiple recurring events which last for 4 days ?

If yes, then just using [eab_single] with id attribute should be fine.

Or have you created different events for different days ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• kentkoven
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for getting back to me.

They are different events on different days. For example, a speaker may have one lecture on Friday on a certain topic, so that hour long lecture is one event. On that same day, multiple other presenters also have lectures and each one of those is its own event. Then on Saturday, many of those same presenters have more lectures on different topics. Those are now separate events.

I'm trying to use this with the buddypress "my events" plugin so that attendees can basically select which lectures they want to attend and create their own schedules.

Again, thanks for any help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya,

Sorry for the delay, I was away for a family wedding.

[eab_archive date="2013-05-17" weeks="1"] should work in this case.

For BuddyPress group events you can look at

Tag:[eab_group_archives]
    Arguments:
    date - (date) Starting date - default to now
    lookahead - (boolean) Don't use default monthly page - use weeks count instead
    weeks - (integer) Look ahead this many weeks

Did you try that one ?

Cheers, PC

• kentkoven
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your response. So far, so good. However, since this is the first time I've used a shortcode to display events, I wanted to tweek the info that is being displayed for each event. I have tried to edit the shortcode-archive-default.php file, but it doesn't seem to affect the info at all. I even deleted everything from that file, reuploaded it and it still doesn't change.

Is there another file I should be editing to alter this info?

Thanks.

• kentkoven
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Whoops... I spoke too soon. I have put your suggested shortcode on my page:

Thursday, August 15: [eab_archive date="2013-08-15" weeks="1"]

and then I put another one below it:

Friday, August 16: [eab_archive date="2013-08-16" weeks="1"]

So obviously, I want the Thursday section to show only the sessions on Thursday and the Friday section to show only the sessions on Friday, but that's not what's happening. Both sections show everything.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

• kentkoven
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Although I didn't get the exact shortcode to work that I was looking for, I did get this to work by giving all of the events an additional category of the day on which they are taking place. Then, I used the shortcode to display those categories (Friday, Thursday, Saturday).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.