Is there a simple way to edit user metadata?

Is there a simple way to edit user metadata?

I want to ensure that a meta key is set with certain data for every user. The key already exists but is only set if the user has made certain choices. I want to force those choices by setting the data. Simple! Simple?

I am worried that I might become the perfect example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. So before I screw everything up I thought I would ask here.

All I need is a simple foolproof method.

Oh and a million dollars or pounds. Either is fine. If you can send me the second request, don’t worry about the metadata question.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @robin

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I’m afraid I can’t send you a million dollars or pounds :wink: Unless you take payments in Monopoly money?

But to your question, now I’m not entirely 100% on how you want this to work, weather this same key should still be shown whatever info they entered correct? Maybe this will help here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/1-create-front-end-profiles-forms-or-courses-2-smile/

If you could advise, I’m happy to assist :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Robin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi there Jack,

thought that I had better add the ‘there’ as Hi Jack sounds worrying!

Your answer did help. The plugin looks great, but it will not do what I need.

So for now I have found a ‘work around’.

Create user.

Set up all choices and screen options for that user.

export users to CSV

edit CSV by copying appropriate meta fields from ‘new user’ to all other Contributors.

import CSV with “Update user when a username or email exists” option checked.

Disable required options in Adminimize.

Job done

New users just get the import / export bit as they register.

The GOOD NEWS is my database still works.

PHEW!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Robin,

I hope you are well today and sorry for the delay with my reply, I missed your previous reply.

That is a very nice workaround you have there, Just sent some points your way for sharing I’m sure other community members will find that very helpful :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member! Sorry again about the delay.

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.