Is there a student results section available on the frontend?

Hi,

After completing a course involving questions Coursepress pro takes a user to a screen where they see the completed course unit summary >

/courses/[COURSE-NAME]/units/

This page shows a list of the units and a progress marker next to each – 100% etc.

Clicking on a unit opens the course unit again and this view includes the results of any answers. “1 of 2 correct” and ticks or crosses. >

/courses/[COURSE-NAME]/units/[UNIT-NAME]/page/1/

My issues:

1. Is there any way for a student to view the average percentage mark for the entire course? (currently I can only find this on the reports PDF feature as a site admin.)

Other than manually sending this report to the student there is no way for them to view their overall mark for a course.

Can you please advise.

Thanks

Chris

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Chris,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for your question!

1. Is there any way for a student to view the average percentage mark for the entire course? (currently I can only find this on the reports PDF feature as a site admin.)

Right now, yes, sending them the PDF as a report card is the best way for the student to see the run down of all their class grades.

As mentioned they can see each individual section grade via their workbook.

This is something we already have on our roadmap to be added in future versions :slight_smile: I have marked this as a feature request just to add on to the support for this specific feature.

Hope that helps Chris!

Another option is to leave the average grade in a comment for the student in their last unit.

Hope you have a great day and look forward to hearing back!

All the best,

Tyler

• chris
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Tyler.

Get ready to be impressed :slight_smile:

The plugins general settings /wp-admin/admin.php?page=coursepress-pro_settings contain two relevant slugs (the part in CAPS is the editable part) :

Course Grades Slug http://reading.simplecsr.com/my-course/GRADES/

Course Workbook Slug http://reading.simplecsr.com/my-course/WORKBOOK/

I had not been able to get either to work. But by going to /courses/[NAMEOFCOURSE]/workbook/ and /courses/[NAMEOFCOURSE]/grades both are visible.

These all display perfectly. Just what i was looking for.

(The other similar function that is not clearly indexed is for course discussions – /courses/[NAMEOFCOURSE]/discussion )

So my only question/ issue to raise is that these should be indexed on the /courses/test-course/* pages so people can find these easily.

PS – loving the plugin!

Many thanks

Chris

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Chris,

My apologies here! Wow, I am impressed. and unimpressed that I completely missed that myself :slight_frown:

Either way, I am happy that you were able to find it and posted back to share :slight_smile:

Good stuff!

Glad that you love the plugin. The devs will be happy to hear that, it has been in development for a looong time.

Thanks for your suggestion too, given my blunder above I will have to agree :p

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Tyler

• Tony
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Tyler, Chris,

This solves a lot of problems for me (…./grades/ part)

1) How can I then when user completed all the modules 100%, re-direct them to the ‘Grades’ page instead of just going to the Workbook.

2) Is it not possible to then email this page to them in PDF format

OR

Just add a ‘Print Result Report’ Button

Please help Tyler:slight_smile: This could improve things by MILES

Thank you

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @tony, I hope you’re well today!

Both your requests are not supported out of the box and would require significant amounts of custom coding!

I’m afraid though that the amount of custom coding required here is beyond the scope of support we can provide in these forums.

Please feel free to post a new job in our Jobs Board on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/ so that a skilled developer can do that for you.

Cheers,

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.