Is there a theme setting for CoursPress to hide page titles?

I am building a Pro-Site network that will use a blog template. Because I am now planning on adding CoursePress Pro as a Pro-Site level plugin, I am finding that it would probably be best to change my default theme to coursepress as well.

Outside of the Wordpress Customizer, I do not see that there are any theme options for the coursepress theme. I would like the ability to hide titles. I previously have used a plugin for this but because I am also using a page builder plugin to make it easier for subsites to build their pages, especially home. The plugin Hide Title gets lost when saving a page.

What can I do with coursepress to provide flexibility to show or hide titles? If there isn't a flexible method, at least provide a way to hide on front page.

• Rupok

Hi antKat,

I would like the ability to hide titles

I think it can be done easily with custom CSS code or by creating a child theme of the CoursePress theme. But I'm afraid, I'm not clear about which title you are referring to. With default WordPress settings, CoursePress theme shows latest post list on your homepage. And homepage doesn't have any page title in the content area. It has HTML title showing on the browser tab. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Which title do you want to hide? Number "1" or Number "2" ?
    In Course Listing page, there are also two titles: HTML Title and Listing Page Title

And in a Single Course Page, there are also two titles: HTML Title and Course Title

I'm sorry but I'm confused regarding which title you want to hide. Can you please specify? I can then tell you the proper way to hide that.

Please help us to understand your requirement properly. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• antKat

Hi Rupok, Thank you for the quick reply.
    I believe, in most cases, that our Pro-Sites subsites will want a static page to display as their front page rather than the blog page. To facilitate the ease of creating a front page, I am including the Elementor page builder. It is testing to be the easiest page builder for novices. Anyway, before I started using Elementor, I was able to control the page title with a plugin called "Hide Title" - however, whenever you save a page using Elementor you lose the Hide Title plugin settings so I need to find a better solution.

I've attached an image to illustrate the page display.

Also, I would like the Blog page to display the archive post list. I have the Reading settings set to show summary, but the blog page is displaying the full post.

• Nithin

Hi antKat,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

To remove the page title, please try the following CSS, and check whether it works:

.main-right-breadcrumb.main-title .page-title {
    	display: none;
    }

I could see that you are making use of a child theme, so you could easily implement the above CSS in it.

Also, I would like the Blog page to display the archive post list. I have the Reading settings set to show summary, but the blog page is displaying the full post.

I suppose /blog is the page you are talking about, It seems like you are using a premium theme, and the blog page has it's own settings. And your /blog page does display in excerpt, and not as full post.

Am I checking the right page? And by archive post list, you meant that you want to display the page in archive view, ie list post by month, subject etc? Could you please advise if I'm missing out anything, so that we could help get this resolved asap. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• antKat

Hi Nithin,
    Thank you for your help.
    On our main site vitalityadvocates.com, we are using a premium theme and the blog page IS displaying the way that I would like to see on the subsites that are being built with the coursepress theme. An example of the coursepress blog page with the content.php modified and added to the child theme so the excerpt now shows so now all I need is the read more. Someone else provided some code for it but it does now work so still looking for solution. A site with coursepress is

• Nithin

Hi antKat,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

An example of the coursepress blog page with the content.php modified and added to the child theme so the excerpt now shows so now all I need is the read more.

You have added manual excerpts for each post, and hence it's overriding the read more code that you have added in your functions.php file.

I have removed the manually added excerpt from /webinar-feature-posts/ post, and now the read more link appears to work fine now, please repeat the steps for your other post.

I tried the css code Nithin provided above in Child-theme but it does not work.

Please try the following CSS, and check whether it works fine:

.post-170 .entry-title {
    	display: none;
    }

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin