is there a theme that works with the plugin?

Hi there folks :slight_smile:
Hope you are all doing well :slight_smile: just a few questions about the plugin...which theme works well with it? can other instructors be invited, i.e. so we can make a sort of learning community? and finally can we setup a forum for both instructors and students?

thanks in advance

Linda

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Linda,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

which theme works well with it

All the "regular" WordPress themes should work with it and in case you came across any issues, we are here to assist you so just let us know. I would be a bit more careful if it comes to a "builder" kind of themes (those that include some visual tools for site customization) but standard themes that comply with WP Codex rules should act just fine.

Our Upfront themes should also be soon fully compatible with CoursePress. I'm not able to give you an ETA but compatibility release should come out quite soon.

CoursePress Pro also comes with its own theme that you can use. To install it you would want to:

- access your site via FTP (or cPanel's "File Manager" tool)
    - copy entire "coursepress" folder from the

"/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/themes/" folder

to the

"/wp-content/themes/" folder

- go to the "Themes" page in your dashboard and enable "CoursePress" theme which will appear there.

can other instructors be invited, i.e. so we can make a sort of learning community?

Yes. In CoursePress you can either "add" an instructor(s) selecting from existing users (user accounts) on your site or you can use a built-in tool (in course's "Edit -> Instructors and Facilitators" section) to invite anybody to become an instructor. Such a person, if he/she is not yet a registered member of your site, will receive an e-mail and will be able to register and will then be automatically set as instructor for that course.

and finally can we setup a forum for both instructors and students?

For each course there can be "discussion" enabled which actually is a "forum style" feature where students and instructors can participate asking questions and responding to them.

If you'd like to create a "full-featured" forum though, you might want to consider using an additional plugin such as our "Forums" plugin (for simple forums) or a popular bbPress plugin.

These two plugins are not integrated with CoursePress but in case you wanted to add an advanced forum features to the site they may be worth giving a try :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.