Is there a tutorial video for AutoBlog?

Is there a tutorial or more step by step user help for AutoBlog available?

I need some help please~!

Thanks
Joseph

• jsegal
    • WordPress Warrior

I tried to process it again and got this message,
    "Feed Testing Results
    Notice: I have already imported the first post in the feed "ACLU and PUBPAT Argue Against Patents on Breast Cancer Genes in Appeals Court" so I would have stopped processing."

But I looked at all of the Posts in my dashboard and there is no such post.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @jsegal

That is indeed strange behavior. Would you mind giving me a bit more information about your set up so that I can try to pinpoint what the problem might be? Are you running single or multisite WordPress and what version of it, as well as the Autoblog plugin?

Just want to also direct you to the Autoblog Usage page. Please confirm whether you've done all the steps mentioned on there.

I look forward to receiving your feedback and assisting further.

Have a great day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@jsegal

Hi Joseph

Please forward me the WP Admin login via our Contact Form, marked for my attention with a link of this topic included and I will look into it tomorrow. I am just heading out for the day now, so won't be able to assist immediately, sorry about that. Time zones, I'm afraid. I'm based in hot and sunny Dubai, so it is just about to turn midnight here :slight_smile:

Look forward to receiving the login details and assisting further.

All the best!

Gina

• jsegal
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi James,
    I sent the login info yesterday yes and got an email back saying it has been forwarded to Gina but heard nothing after that. Slack given. I appreciate any help I can get figuring out why this plugin is not working on my site.
    Thanks

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Joseph

Unfortunately I didn't get your email before my duty ended yesterday, so I wasn't able to attend to it. Apologies that you had to wait. I'm all eyes on the problem now and will revert back to you with my findings. Thank you for your patience.

Talk soon.

Gina

• jsegal
    • WordPress Warrior

Thank you Gina,
    I appreciate the help.

I'm not sure if the time posted info on this board is accurate but it says your reply was posted 10 hours ago. Maybe its not set to my time zone.

Anyways please update if you find any solution to get this plugin working on my site.

Thanks,
    Joseph

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Joseph

Just a quick update to let you know that I'm still looking into your site. I've made a few small changes to the settings of your two auto-blog feeds, just to test them and will check in on the results in the morning again (my morning GMT +4).

I also wanted to check with you if I can install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin for you. This will help you greatly when updating your WPMU DEV plugins.

And I added you to my Gtalk in case we need to discuss these settings in real time, instead of here on the Community. I appreciate that this takes a bit longer and I would like to resolve the issue at the earliest.

I might also require your input on the settings that is hosting related, but will speak to you about that tomorrow. Will first view the results tomorrow morning and then provide further feedback.

Wishing you a blessed day and will be in touch shortly again.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Joseph

I would like to confirm that I've asked our Lead Support to also look into your topic and issue with the Autoblog plugin. He has access to your WP Admin and will revert back to you with his findings as well.

Wishing you all the best with your project.

Gina

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Took a look at you install and everything looks pretty good (not totally sure what the problem was we're trying to address here?)

Niether of the 2 feeds had anything new (but since it's set to every half-hour that's not surprising). One of the feeds (The ACLU one) hasn't had a post since July 20th, so you won't see anything new pulled in there until there's a new article added to it. The two posts published there in the past month were both pulled into your site and listed under the post_type of "news".

I did change the other feed for Daily KOS to drop the html at the end of it. It's not needed and I thought it might stop autoblog from processing. However, it still did not turn up any new results.

If you're expecting results on this one (as I see there have been several posts on that feed today) then you may want to revise the words you have setup for filtering. I did a quick search through a few of the posts in that feed and didn't find any that matched your key phrases.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

• jsegal
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Mason,

Thanks. However I still don't understand whats going on with this plugin.

What I'm trying to achieve is to have the plugin find stories from RSS feeds related to the topic I'm interested in and post them daily on my main site blog under the category of News.

It appears as you saw also that it found two stories that met the keyword parameters yet I do not see them listed in the admin under All Posts anywhere. Do you? If not where are they and why were they not added to the main site blog?
    Here? http://wearewomenmarch.net/blog/

Can you find any rss feed you can add to this plugin to show me how it adds a post to my blog as an example?

And I chose keywords from the articles I saw posted in the RSS feed so I believe it should have pulled those as posts.

Thanks,
    Joseph

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Joseph,

Look at the "News" post type - not the news category.

As I stated, the reason it isn't pulling any posts is that the first feed from ACLU has only had 2 posts and the Daily KOS feed is filtered for posts that contain "war on women" specifically. So even though there's posts in the feed, they are being filtered out by autoblog.

I added an apple blog to autoblog and tested it out. I set it to pull from the 10 most recent posts and based on the keywords I added to search for. You'll see them at the top of your posts in wp-admin.

Thanks!

• jsegal
    • WordPress Warrior

Thanks so the key is going to be finding rss feeds that have articles with content I need. Do you by any chance know of any resources for finding lists of RSS feeds?

I noticed you set no start or end dates on the feed is there a reason for that?

Joseph

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Joseph,

Thanks so the key is going to be finding rss feeds that have articles with content I need.

Yes. This is always the challenge.

Do you by any chance know of any resources for finding lists of RSS feeds?

None that I know of. If it were me I'd probably do the same steps you're doing. Seeing what sites come up at the top of google and find out how frequently they're posting. You could setup a google alert to receive notifications when new topics are found in your subject area. That may help a bit.

I noticed you set no start or end dates on the feed is there a reason for that?

Not really. I just didn't see a need for a start/end date as I was just running a test and wanted to ensure content was getting pulled in.

Hope that helps!

• jsegal
    • WordPress Warrior

HI Mason, thanks.

I found a Rss site that had articles I liked and put in very specific keywords I found in the rss results but it pulled in many stories completely unrelated to them.

It also didnt pull them in in a format that looked like it would be useful on the blog. I would like it to act basically like a News Reader on my wordpress blog that pulls in related news links from sites I find and display them as a Headline, a short paragraph from the article and a link back to the article.

If its pulling every story under the sun in that just makes my me a fulltime job picking through them in my Pending Posts. Sorry man I'm kinda frustrated with this plugin. Its such a great idea I wish I could make it work.

Joseph

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I found a Rss site that had articles I liked and put in very specific keywords I found in the rss results but it pulled in many stories completely unrelated to them.

What were the specific keywords and the direct feed please?

Which field are the specific keywords in:

All of these words
    Any of these words
    The exact phrase
    None of these words
    Any of these tags

These all naturally affect the content pulled.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Joseph,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.