Is there a User Manual for Affiliates (using MarketPress)

Hello, I recall a frighteningly huge user guide for Membership, however I can't find a guide for Affiliates.

One MarketPress client is pushing for Affiliate System so we bought all the plugins to check this out.

It's likely that I haven't searched properly - and I apologise, however if there is a guide, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Callum.

• aristath

Hello again @callummccormick, I hope you're well today!

You can learn the basics of the affiliates plugin on its usage page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#usage

However it does not contain anything specific to the marketpress integration... It's quite simple though, you shouldn't have any issues!

Once you enable the marketpress integration in the affiliates plugin, a new field will become available i your Marketpress configuration where you can specify the affiliate's cut.

If you have any problems with the integration can you please be more specific?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• DavidM

Hi there @Callum,

Thanks for your questions. Let's have a look inline! :slight_smile:

1) Where abouts is the field in relation to the commission on the MarketPress config

Affiliate percentages are set at:
    Products > Store Settings > Payments

You'll see an affiliate percentage option there. I've attached a screenshot showing that option.

2) How do I convert a regular user into an Affiliate

They'd just need to be a registered user on your site. They'll then be able to see the Affiliate menu options in their profile area when logged in.

Alternatively, you can create a Page, perhaps called Affiliates, then include all the shortcodes noted at the bottom of the Usage page here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#usage

Here's that list, for easy reference:

[affiliatelogincheck] – place this at the top of the page that you are planning on using the rest of the shortcodes on and it will display a login message if the user isn’t logged in.

[affiliateuserdetails] – mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)
    [affiliatestatstable] – mirrors the large click statistics table
    [affiliatevisitstable] – mirrors the referrers this month table
    [affiliatetopvisitstable] – mirrors the top referrers table
    [affiliatestatschart] – mirrors the main statistics charts
    [affiliatevisitschart] – mirrors the referrers charts
    [affiliatebanners] – displays the banners you add to your affiliate settings

You can simply include the first shortcode, then any of the others you'd like to provide. It's up to you how you'd like to arrange it. :slight_smile:

3) How can I create a sign-up page?

Actually, that would just be the default WordPress signup process. Basically, with Affiliates, every registered user on your site is technically an affiliate, by default. :slight_smile:

They don't have to participate if they don't want to, but it's there for them either way.

Hope that help! Please feel free to ask if you have further questions. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.