Is there a way to add a row or wall above my columns?

@tammie,

I like the columns for my site, but it would be really cool to insert a row of "wall" posts above them. They way they display is really slick.

Any way to mix it up? Or is it Columns OR Rows OR Wall?

• Tammie

@gregfielding: You can call any format if you look under library/components/content-wall.php , content-columns.php and content-rows.php you can pick and choose which you use and do a direct category call in your query posts to exactly call each category you want.

You'd then look into home.php where you have this:

<?php
    $contenttype = get_option('dev_buddydaily_latesttype');
    if($contenttype == "rows"){
    locate_template( array( '/library/components/content-rows.php' ), true );
    }
    elseif($contenttype == "column"){
    locate_template( array( '/library/components/content-columns.php' ), true );
    }
    elseif($contenttype == "wall"){
    locate_template( array( '/library/components/content-thewall.php' ), true );
    }
    else{
    locate_template( array( '/library/components/content-none.php' ), true );
    }
    ?>

All you have to do is remove that and call each you want and edit the one you want to fix to a category.

Take a bit of moving about but you should have enough details here to make it work for you. Hope that helps.

• dabarnes

tammie:

i've no php skills. would you please briefly write out what a direct category call looks like? i am assuming the conditional language might go away. what i am after is having one row with three boxes and then several of the latest entries under that, taking up the full width of the left side of the page. i think if i just have a little code to start with, i'll be able to make the modifications i need.

i am thinking i might have to create a new format that might be something like 'content-widerows.php, and create the css for that to get the entries to stretch across the space but, of course, am unsure of that.

watermarkliving.com

thanks, tammie.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.