Is there a way to change the default Job Owner for job

Is there a way to change the default Job Owner for job posts? I created an account to be used for posting jobs but it keeps defaulting back to saying the administrator account posted it or is the owner.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Ariel

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Whoops, I believe you just found a little bug that found its way into a recent update.

I have confirmed on my test site that one cannot edit the Job Owner once a job has been published.

I've notified the plugin developer so he can get this fixed up as soon as possible.

• Ariel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is there something I can do so the job listing do not display who posted it or that comments are turned off? possibly in the css. I also do not want to see the table displayed with the budget, completed by, open for, and expert button.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ariel,

I hope you are well today.

Please use the beta version attached here, as it fixed this issue :slight_smile:

Is there something I can do so the job listing do not display who posted it or that comments are turned off? possibly in the css. I also do not want to see the table displayed with the budget, completed by, open for, and expert button.

For to hide the Job Meta Table, please use this css
    .jobs-meta{display:none}
    Also, for the author display, can you please send me a link or a screenshot? Perhaps, this can be related to your theme.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ariel,

Also I couldn't upload what you attached. I received a message that it was to large to upload.

How were you trying to upload the .zip file that @Hoang Ngo attached here? Did you try uploading the contents of that .zip file to wp-content/plugins via FTP (overwriting the /jobs-plus folder that's already there)?

Should you need help with this, could you please send in the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details
    - Include FTP log-in details
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

How do I display a button to apply for the job. I just want it to open the application form and send the application through email, no user login necessary.

Where are you wanting the button to be displayed? At the moment, the "Contact" page that Jobs & Experts uses requires a user to be logged in presently, but you'd be more than welcome to open a feature request for that here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question

Oh, and in regards to this:

Is there something I can do so the job listing do not display who posted it or that comments are turned off?

Could you also provide a link to the page in question, just to be extra sure that the right CSS code is being applied there? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Ariel,

I hope you are well today.

How do I display a button to apply for the job. I just want it to open the application form and send the application through email, no user login necessary.

Unfortunately, for now the plugin is not designed for that way, we will need the user to be logged in and have an expert profile for contacting the job owner. However, you can always open a feature reques here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question

Also, I saw your screenshot, many thanks for that. I believe this is from your theme, and we can easily hide it by css. Can you please send me a link to your site?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.