Is there a way to copy all plugins and settings to another site?

I want to copy an existing setup for a site to another. The question is if all plugins and settings can be copied in one easy transfer?

• aristath
    • Recruit

@Decura can you please elaborate?
    Which of the following do you want?
    A site from a multisite installation to another site in the same multisite installation?
    A site from a multisite installation to another site in a different multisite installation?
    A single site to another single site?
    A complete multisite to another location?
    Something else?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Decura
    • The Bug Hunter

@aristath

I'm not using Snapshot at the moment although I would like to. There is an issue with my hosting provider not using PEAR. I tried to get it to work last month and another tread was opened last month. However, I haven't followed up on it yet.

I was just reading about another option. ManageWP has a Clone Wizard that appears to copy the desired elements from one site to another. Perhaps this is a way to go from a single installation to multisite: https://managewp.com/user-guide/how-to-use-managewp/deploy/clone-a-site-using-managewp

• aam
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@aristath
    in your opening post above, you asked:
    -----------------------------------------
    Which of the following do you want?
    A site from a multisite installation to another site in the same multisite installation?
    A site from a multisite installation to another site in a different multisite installation?
    A single site to another single site?
    A complete multisite to another location?
    Something else?
    -------------------------------------------
    I need to know :

Now:
    In my MS install:
    I have taken a snapshot of a blog-site, say SiteA I wish to copy FROM
    I have created another brand new blog-site say SiteB to copy TO i.e. I wish to copy the all settings of the siteA to SiteB

What do I do next?
    I do not see any option to select SiteB to copy contents from SiteA in the network admin snapshot menu.

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

There sort of is, yeah. These guys are giving you the easiest GUI version.

I would create a local clone of the site I wanted to duplicate, delete all post and user data, then export the DB for cloning using http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-migrate-db/

From there, I would copy across wp-content and then execute the .sql file on the DB.

That's the manual way of doing it. The trick in all cases is getting the serialized data to update; which is what the plugins are for. Otherwise it REALLY gets manual.

• aam

@aristath
    I installed the template plugin, created a template from siteA. My question now is: how do I create new siteB where I can use this template?

Do we necessarily need to create the new site B using yet another plugin??

• aam

@aristath
    Thanks for your inputs and help... but I could not get to do as you suggested because as told to you earlier, I am using a differnt way to create new sites.

However, I managed to get the needed things done using snapshot (latest beta) with some help from Paul 2 days back. So consider this as resolved.

Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.