Is there a way to hav calender not show up until "show available times" has been click

Hi Everybody,

So I have been having a lot of trouble with this plugin lately and after a fraught 24hrs, its mostly working the way I would like it too.

But not quite, At the moment I have it set up so that you have to pick a payment option of pay with cash or card.

But what is happening is that when you click on the drop down but DON'T click "show available times", the different description for each service shows up depending on which one you click, BUT the functionality of each doesn't change.

Alot of people are clicking on "please select payment option" and are still able to book an appointment without picking a payment option.

So what I would like is for the calender to either not show up or be un-click-able until the button "show available times" has been clicked.

I have looked in shortcodes but I haven't been able to see something that I believe will give me what I want.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks in Advance

• pxwm

Hi @aristath - I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion

Hi @deirdre_casey

If I've understood your requirement correctly then you can add a parameter to the following shortcodes so when a 'Service' and 'Service Provider' are selected from the dropdown it will automatically refresh the appointment page thus showing the correct information and schedule on the appointment page.

To make the shortcode change:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select A+ Settings
    Select 'Pages' from the left hand menu
    Select the name of the Appointment page
    Set the page to 'text'

Change the shortcodes From:-

[app_services]
    [app_service_providers]

To:-

[app_services autorefresh="1"]
    [app_service_providers autorefresh="1"]

Then Save
    This will then 'hide' the 'Show Available Times' button and automatically refresh the page when the 'Service' and 'Service Providers' are selected from the dropdown.

I Hope this Helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• deirdre_casey

Hi SteveB,

That helps a little bit though I'm not sure its going to stop people by passing the "please pick a payment option".

And now when you click a different payment option it brings up 3 different calendars. Instead of what is booked for that day it shows up as what is book for just "cash". So when someone picks pay by card, the option that was made for cash looks free when it is booked up.

I'm not sure I explained that properly. Hopefully this will get fixed soon because it is quite an important aspect that is overlooked.

Cheers

• Jessica

This solution does work for an issue that I was having with Appointments +. That is the user does not have to select the option below the service "Show Available Times" to book the reservation. Yet when you confirm the appointment if the "Show Available Times" is not clicked under the services drop-down, then the service that is added to the cart is the default option, not the service selected in the dropdown. Regardless of the service that was selected.

So by chaning the shortcode from: [app_services] to [app_services autorefresh="1"] the correct service is always booked or added to the cart and the "Show Available Times" (which is an uncessary step) is removed from the appointments page. The cart now shows the proper appointment is booked every time due to the refresh that occurs!

This not only saves an additional step that is unecessary but it also loads the proper service every time.

Thank you for this post, I believe it will help many.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.