Is there a way to implement subscription exclusion?

Hi Team,

This is regarding the Membership plugin.

Let's say we have a membership system featuring following member levels: buyer, premium buyer, seller and premium seller (each has their own corresponding subscription). A natural structure is one with buyer subscription should be unable to upgrade to seller subscription.

In the subscription page, however, every single subscription plan is displayed, make it impossible to prevent a buyer from subscribing to seller or premium seller.Is there a way to enforce exclusion between subscriptions?

Many thanks,
Damon

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Damon,

Thanks for your post.

Currently its not possible to restrict what subscription can be upgraded to which one.

However I see how this is a good feature which can be added to the plugin. I have moved this to the right category and sent a note to our lead developer for his thoughts on the same.

For now, I think you should be able to do it as below :

1: Create a page for sellers and put the shortcode to seller subscription there.

For example if your subscription id for seller is 2 there can be below shortcodes

[subscriptiontitle subscription="2"]
    [subscriptiondetails subscription="2"]
    [subscriptionprice subscription="2"]
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="2"]

2: Create a page for buyers and put the shortcodes to buyer subscription.

3: Make both pages visible for visitors.

4: Restrict buyer page for sellers and vice versa using the access levels

5: When one buys one subscription, they won't be able to access the other.

6: In this case, you will need to make sure that there is no Subscription page selected here :

Membership >> Options >> Membership pages.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.