Is there a way to integrate subscribe to comment notifications into Reader?

We use subscribe to comment reloaded for comment reply notifications on our network. Reader doesn't allow commenters to subscribe when they comment within their reader dashboard.

Notifications of a comment reply could appear next to the Following or under as a new menu. It would open to a page showing all the replies and you could click on the comment to directly to the Read More post display.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey WAB,

We meet again :slight_smile:

I think this would be an awesome feature to have. I'm marking it as such now, that way the developer gets notified directly and can add it to the list.

Thanks for your feedback on this!

In the meantime, let us know if you have any further questions at all!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello @WAB

For now please include <?php do_action( 'comment_form'); ?> i think at line 54 of reader/msreader-files/views/dashboard-reader/content-single.php
    This should work.

I will think about including it in next release but i think it may also cause some hard and thats why maybe i will use custom action that will allow including selected actions in readers comment form.

Thanks,
    Maniu

• WAB
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Can you please be more specific than "I think at line 54". Do you mean before or after
    <input type="hidden" name="nonce_add_comment" id="nonce_add_comment" value="<?php echo wp_create_nonce( 'add_comment' ); ?>">

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @WAB

I am sorry but it looks like this plugin is not designed with reader. It would require some tweaks. Mostly the problem is that Reader adds comment with Ajax.

I think you only some manage box because you were the author of the post(thats how plugin works)

Thanks,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.