Is there a way to limit daily downloads?

My paid members are allowed to download lessons from my site to their own PC's. I would like to limit their ability to download these files to 2 or 3 daily.

I can find no mention of this facility in any of the manuals.

Thanks for your assistance!

• Elliott Bristow

Hi @lastdrifter,

I'm afraid this plugin doesn't have the facility to limit the number of downloads, however this might be possible if you were to also use MarketPress and a credit system like CubePoints.

How this would work is:

Membership restricts access to a "Digital Product" created in MarketPress. Paid members gain access to this page. MarketPress protects the actual download until it is "purchased"

Using CubePoints (a free "virtual currency" plugin compatible with MarketPress) you can assign points to your site visitors on a daily basis (point would be awarded each day they log in). These points can be used to "Purchase" the MarketPress products for 1 point each, providing access to the download.

The drawback to this system would be that unused points would roll over to the following day, however this in itself provides the advantage of being able to set certain downloads with a higher point cost for people to save up for!

I realise that's a lot of information to process, and you'll probably have other questions. Mull it over, then get back to me. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.