Is there a way to manually add an Affiliate referrer

I am using the affiliate plugin with prosites. Suppose the person signing up, their site doesn't give credit to the referrer.. is there a way to manually add?
Let's say the person who signed up was referred from talking with the affiliate and not using the link.... then they message me and tell me they referred "X" customer... now I need to add them to "X" as the affiliate referral

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Aaron!

Thank you for contacting us.

Affiliate doesn't really allow to do that, but there's a workaround.

Since either way you will generate a file for masspay, you can edit that file and increase the amount to be paid to that member.

Hope that helps!

cheers,
    Pawel

• Aaron
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No this is not what I'm trying to ask.

I want to add the person who referred new member as their affiliate.

Basically here is a scenario: An affiliate member tells a friend by speaking to them about my membership site. That person google's it that night and signs up.

Then next day they tell the person they signed up. But then that affiliate doesnt see the signup. Then message support (me) and say they want to be adding to that person's blog as the referring affiliate b/c we paying ongoing monthly commissions. How can I possible add them?

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Aaron!

Hope you are having a good day.

I understand, no problem. There's no feature for admins to do that, but it may be possible to edit the database and add this manually. Would you mind sharing phpmyadmin access with me so I can go there and check how it's done on your site and come up with a solution?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - Site login URL
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - phpmyadmin (database) credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Aaron!

I received the logins, but you have missed the most important one - database access. Please send them too, as I want to check if there's a good way of adding this via the database on your setup.

As for being careful: before I do anything, I will ask for your permission and explain the possible outcomes first so you can make an informed decision. Would never do anything with a live website, as I know from my own experience how things may end up. Been there before.

I'll be waiting for database access (host/login/password). cPanel/admin panel will also work.

cheers,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.