Is there a way to offer monthly or annual signup under one subscription level?

First, a quick question - I'm reading the manual for Membership, but can't find any reference to the "incomplete profile" option in my options area. Has this option been deleted?

My main question, however, has to do with monthly vs annual subscriptions. I'm sorry if this has been dealt with, but my search didn't quite provide a clear answer. I suspect it's come up a few times though.

Do I have to make these two separate subscriptions, or is there a way to have someone sign up and then choose either the monthly or annual price?

If not, then what do you propose as the best way to go about setting it up? If they are monthly and decide to change to annually, how do I make sure they're not getting charged for both?

Thanks!
Joe

• aristath

First, a quick question - I'm reading the manual for Membership, but can't find any reference to the "incomplete profile" option in my options area. Has this option been deleted?

Yes, this option has been deprecated and removed.
    We are currently rewriting the manual to reflect the recent changes in the plugin.

Do I have to make these two separate subscriptions, or is there a way to have someone sign up and then choose either the monthly or annual price?

These have to be different subscriptions.

If not, then what do you propose as the best way to go about setting it up? If they are monthly and decide to change to annually, how do I make sure they're not getting charged for both?

If I am not mistaken they will be automatically charged at the end of their monthly subscription!

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Nitrous Cloud

Thanks Ari!

Sorry, not sure I'm quite following. I get that I have to make a separate monthly and annual subscription.

I need to make sure that if they decide to become an annual subscriber, they're not charged for their monthly subscription as well. What's the best way to go about it? I'm reading the manual, but not quite grasping how I should set this up.

Or, should I make an additional identical access level and offer it as an upgrade to the membership? Would that do it?

So, I have a free trial period

Finite
    15 days
    $0

Followed by a monthly paid period at the same level

Serial
    1 Month
    $9.99

Followed by an upgrade to annual?

Member B
    Serial
    1 Year
    $99.99

Or is there a better way to offer the monthly vs. annual rate without having to make it a quasi-upgrade?

Thanks,
    Joe

• Nitrous Cloud

Thanks Ari,

I was afraid of that. Is there no way to simplify this? You can see my dilemma, right?

The subscriber won't be shown the option to upgrade anytime, cancelling the monthly and going to annual? I don't want it to automatically upgrade. But I'd like to give them the option.

First group of subscribers gets this price scheme. I want them to be able to automatically upgrade to annual any time in the future, if they want, at this price.

Next group of subscribers will pay a higher fee, so the listed annual fee will increase. I don't want my original subscribers to have to pay the new price if they choose to upgrade at a later date. And I want this group to be able to pay the then current annual price if/when we increase it again.

Is the plugin incapable of this at this time? Ideally, it would have two or more options built into one subscription plan. I know it was proposed in another thread.

Maybe there's a way to associate an optional upgrade with their profile without having it listed publicly?

Thanks again,
    Joe

• aristath

Well, you could create a coupon code that will be applied to existing members so that they will receive a discount... That's as good as it can get!
    You can send a newsletter or personalized emails to your existing members informing them of the upcoming changes and telling them that if they choose to upgrade then they can use that coupon code to get a discount.
    It sounds pretty good too marketing-wise...

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.