Is there a way to pay before someone makes a website

Hello again,
I'm wondering if a member can choose between free and pro before making their website, or do they have to upgrade later?

• toritaiyo
    • New Recruit

I am also wondering this and I think what Cesar02 asked was misunderstood.

though I do not know about the Membership plugin, this IS the way the Pro Sites plugin works :slight_smile:
    Joe :slight_smile:

No, I don't think that is the way Pro Sites works.
    With registration and Pro Sites it works like this. A user registers their username and blog. Then WHEN THEY TRY TO LOGIN to their blog they are asked to pay.

BUT, their blog is already created in the backend. It is not functional until they pay, but it is already created in the backend. And so Pro Site plugin (even with pay-to-blog/ no free levels) does not stop Splogs

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings toritaiyo,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Even without having Pay to Blog enabled we had no problem with our year old FacePressSites Easy DIY Web Site and Blog product and it was a year old before we started doing it's redevelopment prior to becoming WPMU Dev Staff. However, we also incorporated the "cats" captcha.

Have you tried incorporating any kind of catcha into your system?

That may be very well all that you are lacking to stop the splogs.

If you are having a problem with splogs or any other issue regarding your WordPress install, please submit a ticket relative to your problem - it is appreciated.

Since we have not heard from the ticket creator in some time now, with possibly this ticket being resolved in another ticket or his requests for personal off forum assistance giving his log in information, I am closing this ticket.

However, cesar02 if you are still having issues with your WordPress Network and considering that this ticket is quite aged, please open a new ticket with all the relative information and new error and/or symptoms that you may be receiving at this time.

Thank you everyone for being WPMU Dev members!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.