Is there a way to see the sub site products in a different layout on the main site?

I have a multisite setup. So the sub sites can create their own products.
The main site list the products of the all sub sites.
Is there a way to, when the client finds the product that he wants through the mais set, the layout used to see the product inherit the MAIN site. And when the client finds through a sub site, the layout inherit the sub site's layout?

• rodrigo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I think you did't get my question. I'll try to explain again:
    1: The sub site creates a products.
    2: The main site LIST this product.
    3: When somebody find the product at the subsite, the theme (the visual, style, LAYOUT) of the way to see this product follow the visual of the sub site.
    4: When somebody finds the SAME product on the MAIN site, the theme (the visual, style, LAYOUT) of the way to see this product follow the visual of the MAIN site.

I means, the SAME product being visualized on 2 different ways, with different themes, depending on the way it is found.

Is it possible?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @rodrigo,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

3: When somebody find the product at the subsite, the theme (the visual, style, LAYOUT) of the way to see this product follow the visual of the sub site.
    4: When somebody finds the SAME product on the MAIN site, the theme (the visual, style, LAYOUT) of the way to see this product follow the visual of the MAIN site.

I means, the SAME product being visualized on 2 different ways, with different themes, depending on the way it is found.

That should be how it works it now, or did you mean you wanted it to be the same visual style (theme etc despite the way the product is found)?

But by default, if the product is a sub site product and is clicked on through either the sub site or main site it should have the sub site theme as it'll go to the sub site.

If the product is a main site product it'll show the main site theme, you can't show the main theme for a sub site product, unless you force that layout globally.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• rodrigo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Jack! Thank you for the effort to help me!
    Ok, I got your answer. But the only problem is that I am talking about a SUBSITE product. The product is just LISTED on the main site, but is a subsite product.
    So, how can I "force" globally? I'll have to maintain all the sites (the main site and the sub site) with the same layout, isn't?
    Thank you again!
    Rodrigo

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @rodrigo,

Hope you're well today, can I have some links to check this please?

So, how can I "force" globally? I'll have to maintain all the sites (the main site and the sub site) with the same layout, isn't?

If you wanted it to have the same layout, that's correct, they'd all need the same theme to be used.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.