Is there a way to show different users different custom home pages?

I would like to have users log in and each see a different MRSS feed with custom content that we have created for their use only. We don't want other users of our site to have access to each other's content.

I have considered doing a category structure and membership levels for each partner, so it is easy for our editors/uploaders to upload the content to a post and submit it directly to a specific partner's category specific MRSS.

The idea is that the editors will login, create a post with a private URL and all necessary meta data and submit that post to a specific partner's category. This category would populate the home page of the parter so they can see the most recent content that has been uploaded for them on our site.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Patrick,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

This isn't something that's supported out of the box with Membership, though it would be possible with a workaround.

You'd need to setup a custom page per user along with their own access level/subscription.

You could then redirect the users to their correct page/home page using a redirection plugin such as http://wordpress.org/plugins/peters-login-redirect/ if that would work for you?

Though depending on the amount of users, it could end up being a rather large site with potentially hundreds of access levels.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Patrick

Hi Jack,

I think this will be possible. Thank you for your solution. Another quick question that I have been asking around WPMU dev that I can't seem to get the answer to. In the membership plugin where you can check off individual user access levels, I stupidly unchecked all of the boxes next to my own account except for superuser. (I thought it would simplify things and it ended up kicking me out of the membership plugin.) I can still see that I am the membership admin in the upper right hand corner of the wordpress dashboard, but I am unable to see the membership menu option to the left.

Is there a simple fix for this problem or will it require me to fully delete the membership plugin and restart the process?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.