Is there a way to split the "name" field to "first name" and "last name&quo

Hi,

Another question – sorry …

Currently Appointment+ has a name entry but it’s not split into “first name” and “last name” so that when the confirmation email is sent it grabs the whole client name, which looks a bit weird, e.g.

“Hi Joe Smith”

It would be nice to be able to have it simply say

“Hi Joe”

Is there a way two name fields can be created? One for first name and one for last name.

Thank you!!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Sue,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

This is a good suggestion to be able to split the name fields on the A+ form to First name and last name.

Let me send this to our lead developer @vladislav to see if it can make a good feature of the new release of the plugin.

He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You are welcome Sue :slight_smile:

I reckon it would be a nice idea to have the name splitted to first and last name.

Along with that addition of few more fields along with that would not hurt as well.

I have already sent a note to Vlad and will ask my colleague @jack Kitterhing to discuss this with him in the developers meetup to see if this is already on the list.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Unfortunately, the fields out of the box don’t support this. We could try and split the full name on spaces and use the result as first/last name with some custom code, but that will leave us requiring a strict convention for entering full names. Having said that, the latest plugin release (v1.4, just released) comes with an add-on named “Additional fields”. Activating this add-on will add a new part to your plugin settings, where you can add new fields to the appointment booking form. Hopefully this will be something you can use in your scenario.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the Add-on Vlad, I am sure that would come handy for a lot of our members who have been looking to add more fields to the booking form.

What would be great is if we could generate placeholders for those addon fields so that they can be included in the email notifications :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Just to quickly update, as you create and add new fields, the new expansion macros are generated for them automatically. They can then be used in outgoing Appointments+ emails and will be substituted with user-submitted values. The format of the new macros will generally follow this convention: FIELD_[uppercase alphanumeric field name]. For an example, for “First name” field, the new macro will be named “FIELD_FIRSTNAME”. The actual macros will also be shown in the field list for quick reference for each field: http://screencast.com/t/KUnrvUl6v I hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.