is there a way to trigger the popup to display based

Hey, is there a way to trigger the popup to display based on a variable set on the field?
Or for it to default to popped for some urls but default not-popped on others.

I tried using the "on approximate url" option with the url parameters for the second and 3rd screens but this just turned it off for the main screen.

Many Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Courtney,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Sure you can trigger the popup for some URL. You've got it right and using an "on approximate url" option is a good way to do it. I'm not sure however what "url parameters" did you use and how did you setup other settings for this particular popup and the plugin itself. It should work this way.

Basically, if you URL is for example

mysite.com/page?show=yes

you can set the condition (called "URL regex") for "on approximate URL" like this

?show=yes

and it should trigger your popup on every URL that contains "?show=yes" string.

If you could point me to your site and its pages on which the popup should be visible I could give you more detailed answer, hopefully solving the issue. Please advise then.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Courtney

The website is babyprocar.com
    We have it set to trigger the popup when a user clicks the blue book a car tag in the top right hand corner using the "Appear when user clicks on a CSS selector" option

This works well but when the user fills in the form and submits, it then reloads the page with a new parameter set: ?vehicles=1
    We tried to match on "on approximate URL" and this works for the second page but stops the initial page working as it doesn't have the parameter set so the css selector doesn't seem to work.

So what we want to happen is the popup to trigger automatically for any page with the ?vehicles=1 parameter but be available from other pages if the "#book-a-car" css selector is clicked.
    Is there a better way of trying to do this?

If you want to fill in some random details on the booking form that is fine, the site has not been officially launched yet.

thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Courtney,

I hope you're well today!

The simple fix here would be to "clone" a popup. You can do this by opening the popup for editing in your dashboard and clicking "Duplicat" (see image).

This way you'll have two popups that are exactly the same and then you just set separate conditions for each one: on CSS selector for one and on approximate URL for another.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam