Is there a way to use this plugin without taking monetary donations?

We need a way to track submissions from a Gravity form, basically pledges that does not include the exchange of money. I have a nonprofit looking to track the number of pledges and show in a horizontal counter.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

If it’s not to collect money then what would the pledges be? Cloths? Something else?

Fundraiser is a custom post type, so you should be able to use Gravity to submit. If the monetary is for quantity then why not rename the field?

If you could provide further details then perhaps I can advice further.

Take care.

• lesliep1423
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy,

They are trying to track the number of pledges. I pledge to adopt a pet between a specified time period. They are looking to track the number of people whom have taken that pledge and then provide the end user with a coupon.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Ah so it’s not money, but a pledge of care.

Well what about renaming the money field so it was quantity, you know like I’ll pledge for 2 animals, you do 4 animals.

That sort of thing?

Thinking about this though there is an issue here whilst I was just playing around with it and that is you require a gateway to make the pledge, well you don’t want to take payment and Paypal is the only option at the moment.

You’re going to need a manual gateway and that isn’t something which the plugin supports so it would be custom.

Let me move this over to the feature request area and ask Cole about this, I could see uses for a manual gateway like your cause, charity events where you pledge an entrance fee, that sort of thing.

Anyway, lets see what he says :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.