Is there a wpmudev equivalent to WooCommerce Sensei?

I am building an online continuing education company using WPMUDEV themes and I would like to stick to WPMUDEV for the e-commerce functionality but I need the capabilities of something like the WooCommerce Sensei. Is there an equivalent to Sensei in the WPMUDEV realm? If not, then, is there one being developed? What is the ETA?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

You can use our Membership plugin to achieve that functionality.

You can keep MarketPress and Membership separate and use them for different things. Membership plugin can control the subscriptions and access levels on your site which you can use to offer sensei like features on the site.

Alternatively you can also use MarketPress to offer lessons as digital downloads to your users. Create a .pdf and upload that as a product to your website which the users can purchase.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• CEUEspresso
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK, I see how MarketPress and the Membership Plugin could be used together to achieve some of that functionality but I also need to give a quiz to each user before they can be considered to have passed the course. After receiving a passing grade on the quiz they should be able to download a pdf certificate with their name on it saying they have successfully passed.
    Is that achievable within the wpmudev world?

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi @CEUEspresso - just wanted to add that this is something we've thought about before and at the time, didn't have a ton of member excitement behind it so we went with other projects.

If you are looking for a Sensei alternative, I've personally played with http://www.learndash.com/ and like the direction it is going over Woo's.

And who knows - maybe one day WPMU DEV will have their own :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.