Is there an admin help or support plugin for multisites?

I have VIP support enabled through Pro Sites, and will be using it as it is designed.

But, I have a need for a GPL licensed help dashboard plugin that works in a similar manner. Basically, what I will be doing is having a coder modify the plugin to meet my needs for VA (Virtual Assistant) services as I have discussed in other threads.

I have one plugin that allows me to syndicate content to the plugins, but I am looking to offer more than just syndicated content. Possibly all site admin things that a busy professional would like to outsource. I am thinking that a help ticket type of thing could be used, with the notifications being sent to the VA as well as the Super Admin.

Does that make sense? If so, does anyone know of a free, or very cheap plugin that I could get my hands on and play with so that I could use Pro Sites to manage the levels for these VA services?

Cheerios, trail mix, and Pedio Pops to all,
Kirk

• Anang

Hi Kirk

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

We have a support plugin system that you can check it here :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/support-system/

Other plugins that you may want to check :
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/awesome-support/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-support-plus-responsive-ticket-system/

And here's interesting article about Support plugins :
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/6-best-help-desk-customer-support-plugins-for-wordpress/

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile: Have a great day :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Kirk,

Hope you're doing well today!

I'm not sure of another plugin that would suit your needs in this situation. However, your developer is aloud to customize Pro Sites code :slight_smile: would customizing the built in VIP support module be an option for you? Or you are wanting to use that for a separate purpose?

Another option would be to use a forms plugin like Gravity Forms or Contact Forms 7. Then you could just place a form using one of those plugins that would be similar to the VIP support form that Pro Sites has and your developer could customize as needed.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Kirk Ward

Good Morning Tyler, Cheerios and and evening cookout of delicious Cabrito to you!

Another option would be to use a forms plugin like Gravity Forms or Contact Forms 7. Then you could just place a form using one of those plugins that would be similar to the VIP support form that Pro Sites has and your developer could customize as needed.

I like or can do that, I think.

Question. Does Pro Sites have the ability to restrict content access like most all membership scripts do? I could create a page with the form and restrict access to that page until the appropriate level is reached. Maybe custom post types could be restricted until a specific level might be an easy mod if page access does not exist. Suggestions working along those lines?

And now, to barter wit me brudder for the young Cabrito for the barbie.
    Kirk

• Kirk Ward

Hi Once Again Tyler Me Lad, Hi Once Again.

I'm not sure of another plugin that would suit your needs in this situation. However, your developer is aloud to customize Pro Sites code :slight_smile: would customizing the built in VIP support module be an option for you? Or you are wanting to use that for a separate purpose?

while my preference is protected custom post types released at the various levels, you speak of a concept that has entered me mind, yet on a slightly different tone.

I plan to use the VIP Support for me client support at the first paid level and above. So, I would like to see that remain intact.

However, being able to clone that function and have it appear as another module in the Pro sites arsenal of tools would suit me needs I do believe. I would call it VA Support and add the ability to have the VA Support Tickets sent to a secondary team member.

Rather than cloning the VIP Support module, I do prefer the idea of assigning protected status to specified custom post types as then the user could design a form for their own needs, whether it is VA support or some new idea we have not thought of. But, since you had asked, I thought it best to address the idea.

But then, maybe a VA Support Module where Super Admins could design a form specific to their needs might be interesting.

Either one would have to be an admin dashboard type of product, as that is the idea, to be able to sell additional services to the blog admins, much as the VIP Support is 'sold' by accessing a higher level.

Cheerios and Honey Nut whatever they are to you this fine morning,
    Kirk

• Kirk Ward

Updating Request:

So I was going to sleep editing a 112 page ebook and decided to see if I could solve this problem. After four hours of searching for a plugin that might answer my needs, I had an idea. I am wondering if I might just set up a "Jobs Board" of some sort on my main blog and resell VA services to my blogsters.

There do be job board plugins, and maybe one could be set up to allow me to receive a commission on the VA sales made to ye olde blogsters rather than include it in the price of the level. I'll toy with that idea, and am open to suggestions.

Cheers and Cheezits.
    Kirk

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kirk,

In regards to your earlier mention about the ability to protect content based on Pro Site level, there is this script that could help you out:

<?php
    global $wpdb;
    $blog_id = $wpdb->blogid;
    $sql = "SELECT level FROM {$wpdb->base_prefix}pro_sites WHERE blog_ID = '$blog_id'";
    $level = $wpdb->get_var($sql);
    ?>
    <?php if ($level == 1){ ?>
    	Level 1 content here
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ($level == 2) { ?>
    	Level 2 content here
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if ($level == 3) { ?>
    	Level 3 content here
    <?php } ?>

Funny thing is, I recalled seeing it in the forums so I searched around to find the post and found it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/determining-sie-pro-sites-level-using-php#post-241249

It will likely look familiar to you :smiley:

In order to do what you're wanting to is outside of my coding level; but sounds like you are quite familiar working with code.

As for the Jobs Board idea, that sounds like a good alternative :slight_smile:

Our Jobs Board plugin doesn't handle the actual payments, it's just for connecting the two parties. That is something we hope to implement in the future though.

Cheers!
    Tyler