Is there an argument for the shortcode to show the blog name

I would like to show the blog name in parenthesis behind the title of any new posts, so the readers know which of the blogs the post belongs to. Is there a parameter for the shortcode to achieve this?

Mike

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @mike

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Please unzip the attached file, and upload to the /plugins/recent-posts/ folder via FTP and overwrite the existing recent-posts.php file.

Then use show_blog = “true” in the shortcode. Like:

[globalrecentposts show_blog="true"]

Please note that, this changes will be lost in next update. So it’s worth to note down this changes somewhere and apply again after your updates.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers

Ash

• mbitcon
    • Problem solver

Thank you Ashok – that was a really quick turnaround time for a fix. But could you please point me to where I can download the attachment? I don’t see it.

Will that shortcode be included in the plugin somewhen in the future?

Mike

• mbitcon
    • Problem solver

O.k. I just tested and it works nicely, but now I found another thing that is worthy of improvement :wink:

I used the content_characters parameter and set it to 160 chars, now it would be very nice if this function would not truncate words at the end and add “…” so readers know there is more.

Right now it just looks as if there was an error as words are cut of in the middle or after only the first character depending where the character limit was.

Would it be possible enhance the plugin as described?

Mike

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @videomike

I hope you are well today.

Please try the attached one.

And yes, the changes will be lost when you will update the plugin. Though I have sent a note to the developer, so let’s see if he thinks it’s worth to include this feature :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers

Ash

• mbitcon
    • Problem solver

Thanks Ash

That looks a lot better – it still truncates mid-word, but I guess that will be complicated to code as you would have to determine the nearest white space before the truncation point first and then cut there… Anyways, I think readers can now see that what is shown is an excerpt and there is more to read if they click.

Let’s hope the developer sees all this as reasonable improvements and adds it to the next version, maybe even wird word border detection for sensible truncation :wink:

Thanks for your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.