Is There An Option On Ultimate Facebook To Only Activate User Accounts Without Creating Blogs

Hello,

Is There An Option On Ultimate Facebook To Only Activate User Accounts Without Creating Blogs.

If we only want new users to be joining existing sites and NOT creating blogs when they do, how do we turn off the blog creation part of new user registration?

Thanks,
Phil D

• SooBahkDo

Hi Pranaya,

Thanks for chiming in.

I understand that solution but do not want to disable site creation on the network.

Since the new user registration form features a check box for
    1) gimme a blog
    2) just a user account

It seems reasonable that subsites could be given an option setting to select which of these new user signup options is presented to new users.

Could a code mod be added to the Ultimate Facebook plugin that would remove control of that option choice from the new user who is registering to give control of that option to the site admin as an option the admin selects for new user registrations.

Does that make sense or am I missing something here?

• SooBahkDo

If the Ultimate Facebook plugin had a Super Admin option like the following it would provide the functionality I am seeking

1) Allow user to select blog creation or just user account creation at new user registration
    A)blog and user
    B)user only

2) Allow subsite admin to select blog creation of just user creation at new user registration
    A) blog an user
    B) user only

3) Allow Super admin to select blog creation or just user account creation at new user registration
    A) blog and user
    B) user only

Currently only option #1 is available and for a Super Admin to eliminate blog creation they must disable it on the entire network, when all that is needed to disable blog creation for a particular subsite is to NOT present a new user registration originating from a particular subsite with the blog creation option during new user registration. The subsite admin could decide if they want new users originating on their site to be able to create new blogs or not as expressed in option #2. That feature might even be a pro-sites option.

The point is that subsite owners may only need users to register new accounts on their subsite and may not want to provide new users with the option of creating new blogs even when the Super Admin allows it across the network. (I realize a new user registered on a subsite is actually registered on the network, but a new user does not necessarily knwo that or need to know that. They just need to be registered so they have access to the subsite their registration originates from.)

• PC

Hiya,

I understand your point however site registration and user registration both are controlled by the super admin settings. If you enable site registration on the main site, its enabled for the whole network.

If a code has to be changed, it will be a core wordpress modification and not in the Ultimate Facebook plugin as ultimate facebook just integrates with the registration process and allows the user to register via facebook where the users details are autofilled and an account is created.

It is not going to be a simple code change though. You may however post a job requirement on the Job Board and see if you can get someone right on it.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.