Is there any access to MarketPress using the Easy Blogging Plugin?

I installed Easy Blogging thinking I could simplify the site admin process of managing a shop on my GridMarket multisite network. I loved the "wizard" function - to setup easy 1, 2, 3 steps to build a shop. Unfortunately, I did not realize the plugin does not allow access to "Products" nor "MarketPress settings", nor Appearance/Whistles!

If possible, I would also like to tailor access to various elements, i.e. pages, themes, based on the users login access, i.e. member (blogger) vs. shop merchant. Possibly 2 login permission routes or something.

Is there a better plugin option, or is this about altering code?

I am looking at Theme Tailors options, but there would be an additional cost.

Thank you.

Vaughan

Hi @Moniq

The easy blogging plugin just makes the administration easier, you can limit the menu's in easy blogging to specific user types by enabling the 'Manage menu items' Addon in network dashboard > easy blogging > add-ons

Then on the menu items page you can add/remove menu items. and set the capability.

so you can then add the URL of the MP settings pages as a menu item.

But that only restricts the menu item from being seen.

You can better restrict access with a plugin such as http://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

or http://wordpress.org/plugins/user-access-manager/

Hope this helps

MoniQ

Vaughan, I managed to create an Easy Blogging menu to help new members and shop merchants on a regular basis, which looks great! Also created a WIZARD (along with a separate online guide) to help new shop merchants "setup" a shop.

Easy Blogging makes a pretty good nursery for newbies. I hope it holds up in tests!

I have to test this issue yet, but my shop-template may have one big drawback with this system. It has 3 pages and 3 whistles (tabs) that must be updated to build the shop front. (I wish there was an easier way). When I use new blog templates to copy the template over for "new sites", will these pages and their identical URLs i.e. /post.php?post=120&action=edit be copied too? Otherwise, the wizard and easy blogging menus will have to be edited/redone for every new site created?

I compiled an easy blogging plugin wishlist:

1) Pull my online guide into "admin help" without allowing users access to "support" section. Wish I could control each separately.

2) Use easy blogging to set role/permissions on various aspects, i.e. category and tag "editing" (they need to select for products, but not change or add new); on "create new", i.e. to stop new pages from being added.

3) Sure wish I could edit easy blogging menu like wizard menu. (Had to redo many times to get right).

4) Had to save 2-3 times to get main menu order to stick. They revert order after each save, then I sort again and save. Kind of wonky, but eventually set.

5) While using easy blogging main menu, I get kicked out of product edit page back to my profile edit page. I could not finish an edit! I also got kicked from editing one shop to edit the main site. (I hope this is because I had many browser windows up at the time, which may have confused instance).

Look forward to your feedback.

Thank you!

be

@MoniQ

If you setup a "Clone" site - ie the nursery site which remains unused but has everything setup as you need.
    Ie: plugins posts, etc etc.. (note:marketpress products are posts") when you clone.. Check the post and page options.

The site/s you clone using "Blog Template" will have exactly what you have in your Clone original site.. in the new site no matter how many times it is copied..

Ongoing issues folks have asked for in this instance are - when you update the "Clone site"
    ie if you have taxonomies that you don't want substore to alter and only use predefined ones..So when you update the "Clone" original site these do not flow through...

2) Use easy blogging to set role/permissions on various aspects, i.e. category and tag "editing" (they need to select for products, but not change or add new); on "create new", i.e. to stop new pages from being added.

You can do with a "role" plugin
    User role having manage_categories capability unchecked
    allows User with that role to see the predefined categories - use them but not add to them.. (if you need more Custompress is great..)

3) Sure wish I could edit easy blogging menu like wizard menu. (Had to redo many times to get right).

Trick or irritation factor here is you have to save the menu item then go back and check it.. Not sure if this was an oversight.. - and there is no editing so have to remake if there is typo or you forgot an instruction..

5) While using easy blogging main menu, I get kicked out of product edit page back to my profile edit page. I could not finish an edit! I also got kicked from editing one shop to edit the main site. (I hope this is because I had many browser windows up at the time, which may have confused instance).

Have not had that happen at any point using both so unsure about that...

Best of luck..

MoniQ

Vaughan, I followed a few great threads and caught two downloads that were helpful; an easy blogging add on to allow store settings dashboard to be seen, and marketpress plugin add on to control settings tabs.

be, have you figured out role/permissions issue with easy blogging, to allow new members (no role) to access features? This issue does not apply to shop merchants (site admins).

Thanks!