Serve scaled images

Serve scaled images, Is there any way to resolve Serve scaled images issue ?I am currently using h code premium wordpress theme, only the issue is server scale images, can you help with this

• Sajid

Hello Vernon,
    Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

Yes we would love to help in whatever way possible. But first could you please tell me what steps you have taken for optimizing images.

Did you optimzed all images on your site using WP Smush Plugin ?

Also, please note that some themes use original images instead of thumbnail cropped/resized version of the images on different areas of theme.

For this purpose, make sure you set a specific width in Dashboard -> Media -> WP Smush -> Resize original images and must enable Include my original full-size images option too to optimze these images as well.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Vernon

Hello Sajid,

Appreciated your quick answer, yes i am using WP Smush Plugin,totally agree with you
    "some themes use original images instead of thumbnail cropped/resized version of the images on different areas of theme"

CAN YOU CLARIFY THIS BECAUSE its not clear, would be much appreciated,what do i set width and height ?

For this purpose, make sure you set a specific width in Dashboard -> Media -> WP Smush -> Resize original images and must enable Include my original full-size images option too to optimze these images as well.

As well there are total six images causing issue of server scale,one of them is http://esafetygroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/r1.jpg is resized in HTML or CSS from 1024x680 to 256x170. Serving a scaled image could save 122.3KiB (93% reduction).

• Denitsa

Hi Vernon,

Excuse us for the delay on this one, we try to reply on older threads first but every time you put a reply, your thread becomes a fresh new one and goes down in the queue.

Can you update the WP Smush Pro to the latest version first?

Sorry for the confusion here, let me try to explain:

Also, please note that some themes use original images instead of thumbnail cropped/resized version of the images on different areas of theme.

This means your theme is loading images larger than it's HTML holder, for example the image you've mentioned is 1024x680 but the actual HTML holder of that image is 256x170 so the image is resized with CSS to fit in that holder, instead of using an existing thumbnail for that image.

Maybe the following screenshot will make things clearer here:

Let me know how it goes!

All the best,
    Denitsa

• Sajid

Hello Vernon,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Oh I see that issue now. The space is only 360px and you are loading 1024px wide image instead. To fix this issue, we have to register a size, regenerate thumbnails and finally use this image in PHP files of this theme. That is unfortunately beyond the level of support we can provide here. Sorry!

This looks like a custom made theme, so I would suggest you contact theme author and ask him make this change accordingly.

If that developer is not available then you have to hire a developer from jobs board to do this job.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.