Is there any way for appointments to create users?

What I want to achieve is to be able to create a user if someone books an appointment so that next time they can login and all fields would be pre populated

Thanks for your help

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

You can set login required to yes and they will be able to allow them to login using Facebook and Twitter and also your WordPress account.

If you want them to create an account before they can fill up the form and book an appointment, you can use Membership plugin.

Just create an access level on your site, block access to the Appointments booking page and allow people to signup for a free account and set the welcome page as Appointment booking page as well.

That ways, they can visit the page, prompted to register/login and book an appointment.

Would that work ?

Cheers, PC

• kookacreative

HI,
    I'm doing it as you said, but even after I set the welcome page to the booking the appointment page, I don't get redirected, it simply says: "You currently have a subscription for the Visitors subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below.".... still on registration page

any ideas about why it's not redirecting?

Also,
    to customise the subscription form, is there any template or do I have to change the plugin code?

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting back.

You currently have a subscription for the Visitors subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below

It only happens when you are assigning a level to the users by default. In that case the redirection won't work.

Can you give me a screenshot of the below

Membership >> Options >> General

And

Membership >> Options >> Membership pages.

to customise the subscription form, is there any template or do I have to change the plugin code?

You can either custom code it in the plugin or you can use BuddyPress xprofile fields as it integrates with BuddyPress xprofiles out of the box.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• kookacreative

Hi,
    I'm not sure it's working. I'll add a couple of screenshots.
    I don't need different kind of subscriptions. All I want to use membership for is create accounts when (or before) a user creates an appointment. That way the user can login and look at his appointments, etc.
    Also the website is a network and I need those newly created accounts to be active in any of the websites...

Could you kindly let me know if this is possible?

cheers

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for writing back.

I don't need different kind of subscriptions. All I want to use membership for is create accounts when (or before) a user creates an appointment. That way the user can login and look at his appointments, etc.

That doesn't look a proper setup for me.

This is how it should flow

Create a level visitor
    restrict access to the book an appointment page for that visitor level
    Create another level as "registered user"
    allow access to the book an appointment page for that level

Registration completed page should not be book an appointment page as it will cause confusion. Simply create a new page where you can mention that thanks for registering, kindly click here to book your appointment.

In membership >> Options >> General

Set user registration to "None" as it will not allow your user to get a subscription level as you are forcing a registered user to be a visitor level access.

Just read here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage for more info on membership plugin.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.