Is there any way I can moderate comments on the Wordpress backend when I use the facebook comments

I am 100% using the facebook comments form only. I didn't activate the Wordpress comment. It seems that everytime someone posts a comment, there's no way of notifying me on the admin area. I need to go to the facebook comment moderation tool to view and moderate the comments which is a lil bit inconvenient for me.

I added this one on the template <?php do_action("my_action_name");?> and then deleted the php code for the comments. Am I doing this one right?

Have a look at one of the pages here - http://pintpixel.net/portfolio/hotel-website/

Thanks.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

When you choose to have comments powered totally by Facebook you completely circumvent the standard WordPress commenting system and as such you will need to perform any actions, such as deleting comments using Faceboook and not the WordPress backend.

What were you trying to achieve with that code snippet? I'm struggling to see how that relates?

Thanks,
    Phil

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi truesay,

I see what you're referring to with the custom hook and it does seem to be setup properly, especially since the Facebook comment form is showing on your site. So all seems well with that.

As Phil's saying, the purpose of overriding the WordPress comments is to have Facebook completely take over, so there's really no feasible way to moderate from WordPress in that case.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.