is there any way to display a second level of subwikis on the wiki page?

My wiki page displays a list of links to subwikis, but it will only show one level. is there any way to get it to show sub-subwikis?

• Shelly

Thanks. What I want to do is to have both levels of sub-wikis to display on the actual wiki page. As you can see, my wiki page displays "Playboating" but it does not display (underneath playboating) "Airscrew." The Playboating page displays the links to its subwikis, but I would like them to also display on the main wiki page so the reader can view the whole list of available pages. Here are the links:

Wiki Page Link - http://www.superinexperiencedkayaker.com/WhitewaterWiki/whitewater-wiki-2/

First Level Wiki Page Link (Playboating) -
    http://www.superinexperiencedkayaker.com/WhitewaterWiki/whitewater-wiki-2/playboating/

Second Level Wiki Page Link (Airscrew) -
    http://www.superinexperiencedkayaker.com/WhitewaterWiki/whitewater-wiki-2/playboating/airscrew/

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

What I want to do is to have both levels of sub-wikis to display on the actual wiki page. As you can see, my wiki page displays "Playboating" but it does not display (underneath playboating) "Airscrew." The Playboating page displays the links to its subwikis, but I would like them to also display on the main wiki page so the reader can view the whole list of available pages.

I can see "Airscrew." sub-wiki on the following page.

http://www.superinexperiencedkayaker.com/WhitewaterWiki/page/2/

Please advise.

Relatedly, is there any way to change the name of the list of sub-subwikis on the Playboating page to say something like "Related Posts" instead of repeating "the whitewater encyclopedia" ? (does it have to use the same title as on the main page?)

You can change the name of the list of sub wikis from Wiki Settings page on the following path in the admin area by editing "What do you want to call Sub Wikis?" field but you can't change it for the specific wiki pages out of the box.

Admin area -> Wikis -> Wiki Settings

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Shelly

The page you linked to for Airescrew is decidedly NOT where I would want to see it. I have no idea where you even got that page from.

As I said above, THIS is the page where I want to see Airescrew listed, IN BULLET POINTS, as a subtopic to the already-bullet topic PLAYBOAT

http://www.superinexperiencedkayaker.com/WhitewaterWiki/whitewater-wiki-2/

I want the list on the page to read:

-Glossary of Kayak Jargon
    -Playboating
    --Airscrew
    --Blunt
    --Cartwheel . . .
    -Rolling

Is there no way to do that? I know the page exists, but I want the title to appear as part of the main page menu, displayed as indicated above. The page you sent me is some sort of aggregation of all the subwiki pages. It looks horrible and is decidedly not what I want my readers to view.

Please advise.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Shelly,

The page you linked to for Airescrew is decidedly NOT where I would want to see it. I have no idea where you even got that page from.

I got it by clicking on pagination number displayed in the bottom of wiki page.

I want to see Airescrew listed, IN BULLET POINTS, as a subtopic to the already-bullet topic PLAYBOAT

Is there no way to do that? I know the page exists, but I want the title to appear as part of the main page menu, displayed as indicated above. The page you sent me is some sort of aggregation of all the subwiki pages. It looks horrible and is decidedly not what I want my readers to view.

Now i understood that you want to display a second level sub wikis on single wiki page and not on main wiki page.

To achieve this make the following changes in the below wiki plugin file on line number 813.

plugins/wiki/wiki.php

Before Editing:

foreach($children as $child) {
    					$crumbs[] = '<a href="'.get_permalink($child->ID).'" class="incsub_wiki_crumbs">'.$child->post_title.'</a>';
    				}

After Editing:

foreach($children as $child) {
    					$crumbs[] = '<a href="'.get_permalink($child->ID).'" class="incsub_wiki_crumbs">'.$child->post_title.'</a>';
    					$children2 = get_children(
    						array('post_parent' => $child->ID,
    						'post_type' => 'incsub_wiki',
    						'orderby' => $this->settings['sub_wiki_order_by'],
    						'order' => $this->settings['sub_wiki_order'],
    						'numberposts' => 100000));
    					if($children2){
    						foreach($children2 as $child2) {
    							$crumbs[] = '<a href="'.get_permalink($child2->ID).'" class="incsub_wiki_crumbs">'.$child2->post_title.'</a>';
    						}
    					}
    				}

Note: You are making the changes in plugin file which will be overwritten and lost on updating the plugin so you have to make these changes again after updating the plugin.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.