Is there any way to indicate which pages have been viewed?

Hi,

Really enjoying the product for the most part so far, but now that I have my first rough course framework together, it has become clear that there is really no indication to a student showing which pages that he did/didn't complete yet.

Is there any way to indicate which pages have been viewed/completed in the course?

The units each show a % complete... but when I go to the course outline page... there's no way to see which pages I might yet still need to view. This would be really helpful when someone watches a course part way, then wants to pick up where they left off.

Am I missing something?

Tyler Postle

Hey Bryan,

Hope your having a good weekend!

Right now you can just see the percentage of the unit; however, what you could do is set the unit so questions are mandatory and must be done in order - then you will only be able to access where you left off at

I do think some sort of bookmark feature for the unit pages would be a good idea though, I'm adding that as a feature request, thanks for bringing it up Bryan! Let us know if you have any further questions on this.

All the best,
    Tyler

Bryan Lamb

I'm not talking about bookmarking by any means.

What I really would like is for the course outline view to be the main view that a student sees when they click the "continue learning" button on any given course. If you go to Lynda.com or Pluralsight.com (almost any major training site, in fact) you'll see than any time you're interacting with a course... the entire course outline is visible, typically with checkmarks next to the pages/units you've already seen/done.

That way... you can see the course syllabus in its entirety, and get a visual sense of what you have/haven't done... and maybe click on one of the items you've seen before to watch it again, or instead, click on a page you haven't seen yet.

Right now... there is NO visual indicator to the student about what they have/haven't seen. That seems like a huge oversight.

Tyler Postle

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for your reply and explanation here - I totally see what you mean now.

CoursePress does have the unit outline on the course main page as you mention, but you're right that sidebar feature with a breakdown/navigation and progress on the outline would be useful to have. I'm actually surprised more members haven't requested this yet now that you mention it.

Thanks for bringing it up, I've already moved it to features and feedback section and I'll send a note to the developer about it

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler