Is there anyone who can develop my site with your plugins?

$2000 + 4 months and 4 developer later I still do not have a site. All developers have said they can not get your membership plugin to work with buddypress and the supporter plugin.

Please can someone help me? I need developer that can actually do this job, not help answering my questions.

• tastour

Hi,

I bought the $300 kit which came with everything installed.

Buddypress:
    The recent developer has activated most plugins needed, however, he for some reason isn't able to make it work. There are various problems with things, like uploading a photo to a post.

Membership:
    He created the join form and I created a sandbox account to test it. There currently isn't an area to enter the amount of the subscriptions.

Reply to your comment:
    I thought that you needed supporter inorder to collect money for the subscribtions.

Many thanks,

Kelly

• Philip John

Okay, there are a few issues there so let's just deal with them one at a time.

There are various problems with things, like uploading a photo to a post

Can you explain exactly, step-by-step, what happens when you try to upload a photo please? Any errors that you see or screenshots showing what's happening would be useful.

There currently isn't an area to enter the amount of the subscriptions.

By amount, do you mean the cost of a subscription? You enter that when you create your subscription in Membership > Edit Subscriptions.

I thought that you needed supporter inorder to collect money for the subscribtions.

Nope, Membership contains that itself. You only need Supporter if you're allowing users to create their own blog and you want to offer an additional premium service to blog owners as well.

Phil

• tastour

Thanks Phil. You're feedback is helpful, but as a mum and small business owner, I need a developer that knows all this already and communicate this directly to you and fix the problems as I don't understand all the ends and outs. The last guy worked 36 hours and still couldn't get it to work, and he has experience, so I really don't expect to go and do it myself.

Do you know anyone that know's these plugins and will finsih my site?

• tastour

This is part 2 of my reply.

QThere are various problems with things, like uploading a photo to a post

Can you explain exactly, step-by-step, what happens when you try to upload a photo please? Any errors that you see or screenshots showing what's happening would be useful.

Response->Click add post, Click add photo, click from computer, click browse, click upload from computer, a small photo uploads and then the screen freezes, when you check the post there is either nothing or a small thumbnail.

Response->Previously there was an option to make the photo larger and add titles to it.

Q There currently isn't an area to enter the amount of the subscriptions.

By amount, do you mean the cost of a subscription? You enter that when you create your subscription in Membership > Edit Subscriptions.

Response-> I've done this and still there is no amount when you go to the paypal page

Q I thought that you needed supporter inorder to collect money for the subscribtions.

Nope, Membership contains that itself. You only need Supporter if you're allowing users to create their own blog and you want to offer an additional premium service to blog owners as well.

-> ok, so I will ask the developer to uninstall supporter.

Like I said, I need someone who can actually go on to the site and fix this. I've posted countless jobs in the forums, I've asked several times in the forums for help finding someone to work on the site and I've used freelancing sites to source developers. And if no one can do it, than I will have to cancel my £50 per month membership as there is no use having it without a developer to use it. Sorry I am so incrediably frusterated.

• Philip John

We can certainly help you to work through any issues but we don't have any capacity to actually set up your site for you I'm afraid - all our dev time is devoted to the development of the plugins.

a small photo uploads and then the screen freezes, when you check the post there is either nothing or a small thumbnail.

Can you provide screenshots of the frozen screen and the post when you see a small thumbnail please? That should help me to see where exactly it's going wrong and where the cause therefore lies.

I've done this and still there is no amount when you go to the paypal page

So to clarify, you definitely have a price set for your subscription which appears on the registration page and you definitely get through to PayPal.com which doesn't show a price. What is shown instead? Can you provide a screenshot?

ok, so I will ask the developer to uninstall supporter

All our plugins are designed to be used out of the box so you shouldn't need a developer unless you have very specific requirements that require custom code development (which by the sounds of it you don't). A quick read of these articles will show you exactly how Membership works and help you to familiarise yourself with the controls:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/create-a-simple-tutorial-site-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/

Phil

• Diane

Hi Kelly

I'm joining the conversation a little late but I just wanted to say don't give up. When I joined and downloaded supporter and membership they confused the hell out of me and I gave up on membership. I used supporter but it wasn't good enough for what I wanted to do. In the end I sat for 2 or 3 days solid and refused to move (apart from feeding the kids of course :slight_smile: ) until I had installed it.
    I get your frustration - don't understand why on the description they use the words "easy to install and use" because if you don't have a developer mindset easy is not the first word that comes to my mind!

David got me through it in the end :slight_smile: with help from Phil too. I am making myself available to help too so feel free to connect. I am not a developer AT ALL but I sort of understand how most of this stuff works and can do enough to sort out any issues I get. You can "pay" me in points if I end up helping.

Diane

• Mark de Scande

@tastour it sounds like you got sold a bunch of stuff and most of the stuff was not set up for you sucks well this is what happens if sales guys over sell ..

have a look at BlogLines.co.za most of the stuff your looking for has been used on there.

I am more then willing to help you out just drop me a email admin@bloglines.co.za

Ps these guys @def are always here to help just post away trust me they help were they can .

Thank you Kindly
    Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.