I am trying to build a online tool for my clients and am almost certain CustomPress will do what I want but there are so many options I don't feel comfortable winging it. I can't find any documentation to help me.
So, can someone either point me to the documentation or point me in the right direction for what I want to do?
We need a system for building online reference manuals. Employees have access to a subsite for their company. All kinds are reference manuals are usually used in any business. Our idea is to make them virtual.
A manual is a collection of documents. The documents may be either links to pdfs, online forms, applications or actual written details of a policy, procedure, etc. The manuals need to be accessed using a wide variety of indices (i want to find all procedures about passwords).
- My idea is to set up Manuals as a post type.
- Then, you add posts attached to the Manuals that have the documents information.
- We already use categories to connect to user roles and control what a given user will see on a particular page or post via the URE plug-in so we would extend that out to the manuals, as well.
- Finally, we set up special tags and allow them to assign as many as they need to a document to get the indices they want.
- Now, I just need to "open" a manual to see the documents. I can use tags to select what I see in a list.
Will CustomPress do all that for us?