Is there documentation on which MU Config for an Etsy-like Shop?

Is there documentation on which MU config would be best for an Etsy-like Shop?

• Rick
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your quick response. My question is based upon the use of either separate domains as sub domains or the use of sub folders. I did not quite understand how to model an Etsy-like shop and the documentation does not guild upon the MU setup for an Etsy model.

Which MU config is suggested for an Etsy-like shop with regards to the schema of folders or subdomains?

Kind regards,

Rick

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

Thank you for the clarification of what we are trying to determine.

Sub domain or sub directory installs are not relative to the Etsy type store in any way shape or form. It comes down to do you want sub domains or sub folders, and certainly not relevant to Market Press or Etsy.

The sub domains or sub directory installs are relative to personal preferences and hosting capabilities and not at all to this proposed development.

There is no best practice regarding this structuring and Etsy type store due to the reasons mentioned immediately above.

Cheers, Joe

• Rick
    • Flash Drive

Hello Joe,

Thank you for the clarification on configuring for an Etsy-like environment. I think this should be included in your docs that subfolders and not subdomains would model an Etsy like setup. The MU instructions state, once you have configured, one way or the other, you can not change it.

Regards,

Rick

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rick,

Thank you sir for the additional input which is absolutely appreciated.

I admit I have never seen an Etsy store itself and personally not interested in them - but to each their own of course.

I have no idea if sub directory is their model or not and I prefer sub domains in any event.

However, I will bring this suggestion of yours to the powers that be for there decision to have this included in the documents regarding the Etsy style layout.

Thanks again and have a GREAT weekend!

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.