Is there more detailed or more explanations for Appointments+

Hi folks,
I'm looking for more detailed information concerning how Appointments+ works.
Where do the "workers" come from?
How does a "user" get themselves in the Providers list?
My "users/members" will mainly be people with businesses and I need for them to be able to list their services, hours and locations etc.. themselves - via a front end page.
Their BuddyPress profile page access is, well - cluttered with all the added BuddyPress 'stuff' :wink:
Is there a method of accessing the fields used by Appointments+ and having a front-end page/form the members can fill in, and later edit?
Thanks!

• Luís

Hi @jukeservices,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

Where do the "workers" come from?

"Workers" is your Service Providers;

How does a "user" get themselves in the Providers list?

Only the administrator can "promote" or add an user as a Service Provider.

My "users/members" will mainly be people with businesses and I need for them to be able to list their services, hours and locations etc.. themselves - via a front end page.
    Their BuddyPress profile page access is, well - cluttered with all the added BuddyPress 'stuff'
    Is there a method of accessing the fields used by Appointments+ and having a front-end page/form the members can fill in, and later edit?

Unfortunately, Appointments + don't have any option to do that. Only the admin can add Services and Locations.

Service Providers only can add/edit their Working Hours, Break Hours, Exceptional Working Days, Holidays and confirm the appointments.

Appointments + have a "Administrative Permissions" add-on (Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons) that allows you to select what user roles can access to Appointments backend, but those users will have all the permissions to change things in Appointments page and Appointments Settings page, so, it's not a good idea.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi @jukeservices,

Hope you're doing well today!

I think that an option for users ask to be Service Providers and add Services and Locations would be great features to the Appointments+ project, so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

• Ken

Hi Luis,
    I realize this post is a "bit late to the game", :slight_smile: BUT!
    This issue has been moved to the front burner. I need our members registering a business which offers services to be programmatically added as a "Service Provider".
    So unless this ability is going to come out in a week or so.. I need some custom help to make this happen.
    Thoughts, suggestions, offers? :slight_smile:

Ken

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.