Is there now a simple Trial to Subscription process in Membership?

Is there now a simple solution for a trial subscription period in Membership. I’ve been a member for a long time and tried to use Membership since day one. I’ve never been able to use Membership yet on any site I’ve created for one reason or another and one main reason is not having a simple…”Check this box to enable a trial period.” “How much?” Done!

I have a new site that for better or worse, one way or another I’m going to use Membership. It’s installed right now and working fine, without a trial. However, I would like to have the option of a trial.

Can you please tell me the best solution? And let me know if this is going to be added in the future. Yes, I know about the finite, serial, etc. and have tried that over and over but I simply cannot get it to make a smooth transition from one type of membership to the next. I tried using a finite trial and then move to a serial monthly but the finite membership simply ends and the serial membership never takes over. Once before I did get it to change in Membership, but nothing was paid via Paypal, that’s as far as I made it before.

Any suggestions? I’m not speaking in terms of my current installation at this time. I just want to know in general if anyone has a simple working trial to subscription process that works and is stable. I’d like to give it a try. Thanks!