Is there such a thing or is there a way to update an entire

Is there such a thing or is there a way to update an entire site?

I’m building these custom sites for sakes teams and would like to update more than just a plug in or theme.

I would like to improve the site with new plugins, pages and graphics then update the entire site at one time.

Is that possible? Any feedback would be great.

Is there a tutorial on how to build a site with wpmu dev plugins that could compete with BP? If not we need to make one. That would be a great promotion for the WPMU Dev community.

Proud to be a WPMU Dev member

Richard

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Richard,

I hope you are well today :slight_smile:

I see you are using WordPress Multisite, so you’d like to create basically an update on one site within your multisite and then push that to the rest of the sites within your network or have I got that completely wrong? :slight_smile:

Is there a tutorial on how to build a site with wpmu dev plugins that could compete with BP? If not we need to make one. That would be a great promotion for the WPMU Dev community.

I’m afraid there isn’t, though feel free to ask any questions about creating one etc, I’m here to help.

Proud to be a WPMU Dev member

Fantastic! And we’re proud to have you and all our other great WPMU DEV members in this fantastic community! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• nomadone
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Richard, Jack, I was under the impression that the site templates plugin allows you to create site templates which can be used to generate many subsites and that if any updates were made to the master template the sub site would receive those updates.

Can’t recall the name of the plugin, blog templates or something

• Richard

nomadone, You may be thinking of https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/ .You can change the template on it and effect the future sites created with it..

I want to create an updated version of a sales site and push the update of the whole site once every six months or once a year to improve the whole site with better plugins and features.

I have future projects that will all use the same template. As I improve the network, it would be nice not to have to go back to every site to improve them as well.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Richard and @nomadone

@nomadone, New blog templates works in a way, where you can set up a site and then use that as a template, copying across plugins, settings, files etc, but changes made on a template will not transfer across to sites already created or sites created by the plugin.

They will only come into effect on newly created sites :slight_smile:

The best way to do this currently if the site or sites have already been created and you need to add new content easily to them, would be to use a management plugin, for instance https://managewp.com/ this will allow you to either bulk add content to all sites, select the sites to add content to etc :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Richard

It looks like that will do it. If I have to pay those prices the only option would be to pass the fee along if the sales members want to update to the newest version. Or maybe use it as an incentive.

I’m going to keep my eyes open,. Hopefully someone will develop a plugin for site wide updates.

Thanks Jack

All the best to you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.