Is This Possible?

Ok, I’m sure the title of this post is a dumb question – but I’m unable to figure out how to do two things. I’m hoping someone can at least point the way to what I’m attempting to do.

1. I want to add a permalink to the avatar that points to the post it is next to in the recent posts feed.

2. I would like to add the author’s name somewhere – maybe with a link to their site/profile, but at least the name.

3. This is probably way too complicated to ask for here, but I would also like to allow the feed to populate hundreds of entries and paginate after every 10 posts or so.

I’m much closer to what I’ve been trying to do, but these three things are hanging me up. Everytime I try to add something I just break the entire plugin & that ain’t good ; )

Here’s what I have so far….

Having these extra abilities would really make this all rock. It might even be something worth adding to this plugin in the future too. It’s a lot like the BuddyPress feed this way.

If anyone can help me realize some of this it would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

~ Corey

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

1. Yes, it’s possible but would require you to edit the plugin itself to insert the link around the image.

2. Again, perfectly possible and would mean editing the plugin to add that in.

3. Hmm not sure I completely understand. This plugin is just a widget, so which feed are you referring to and what do you want it to populate?

Thanks,

Phil

• NetPotion
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Phil

I’ve already edited the plugin to get things formatted – that’s not a problem. I just can’t figure out what code to put where. I keep breaking the php code with things I’ve tried.

As for #3, I’m using shortcode for this so that it appears much like autoblog does. There is a limiter in the plugin file which is currently set at ’10’. I would like to change that to ‘100’, but I don’t want it to stretch the page out forever – hence the longing to paginate the output.

Being a widget, this probably isn’t possible – but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Corey

• NetPotion
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Well crud.

I was hoping to use Autoblog to pull feeds in from outside the site & keep them separate from in-network feeds. Now I see that the Recent Posts plugin collects everything that Autoblog pulls in.

I’m just trying to have a feed/timeline on one page for in-network posts – and a feed on another page for out of network content. I’m going to pull in feeds from major media networks and it’s going to make it hard for anyone in my network to get read if they are mixed together.

Autoblog doesn’t show avatars which I why I want to modify the Recent Posts plugin.

It looks like I might be out of luck on all counts.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya NetPotion,

Yeah, what I would do is assign all posts coming in via autoblog to a specific post_type or category. Then, create a filter within the Recent Posts plugin so that it ignores that post_type or category.

The query statement in Recent Posts is on line 65. Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.