Is this possible with membership and or marketpress?

Is there a way to have a setup fee plus the monthly fee? I am using iThemes to build my blogs and sites so I can make simple 3-5 page sites for people with ease. With that I would like to give subscribers to my website the option of having me setup one of those simple 3-5 page sites for them for a fee. So for example if I have a subscription that I charge $5 a month is there a way I can add a $25 setup fee to that? I haven't used the MarketPress plugin yet but I am thinking there is a way I can use both to accomplish what I am looking for. I was thinking of having the customer subscribe to a membership then use MarketPress to have them purchase the setup in a separate transaction. I don't if there is a better way to accomplish this or if anybody has a better idea. Any ideas or help would be great.

• Mason

Hiya Charles,

Our Supporter plugin actually deals with site creation exclusively and will probably be bigger help to you than membership for what you want:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter

In it's current state it only offers one 'level' of payment (which is a subscription) but the next version - due this summer - will allow you to create multiple levels assigning various plugins, themes, and operations to each level. We're really excited about it and it's one that members here have been really looking forward to using.

I'd say start using the Supporter plugin, get used to how it works. You'll be familiar with it and ready to go when the next version is released.

Anybody else have some suggestions for how your providing something like this already?

Thanks!

• Charles

Sorry I forgot to mention that I was planning on using membership/supporter integration for subscribers so I can make use of the site creation of supporter. I am looking forward to the new version because it sounds very sweet! I will be sure to get more familiar with it. I think Eric is on to something with the drip idea. I'm thinking I can make a membership level called "setup" and put that first for the first month then have it go to the next level after a month. Thanks Eric! I will try to set it up this way and see what happens. It might take a while for me to actually test it out but I will post my results here once I do.

• Mason

Sorry I forgot to mention that I was planning on using membership/supporter integration for subscribers so I can make use of the site creation of supporter.

Gotcha. Well, you can definitely attach a Supporter subscription to a membership subscription - that's already built in when you have both Supporter and Membership network activated on your site. When you go to edit a subscription you'll see a checkbox about adding Supporter privileges to that subscription.

As to drip content, this is possible with membership in the sense that within one subscription you can move folks through a series of levels and assign a price to each one. Something like this:

Subscription Signup Level(which includes site creation) - $25
    This would be a 'finite' subscription in Membership - and it could last however long ya like - a few days, weeks, whatever.

Now, we can move them to another 'level' although you can also add the same level again - this time making it a 'serial' subscription at $5. Set it to 1 month - and then the member will be automatically charged each month on their renewal date.

Hope this helps! The upcoming Supporter version + Membership is going to totally change the way folks look at using WordPress. Ideally we're aiming to make SAAS something anyone familiar with WordPress can setup. Exciting times :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Dannyoutlaw

Subscription Signup Level(which includes site creation) - $25
    This would be a 'finite' subscription in Membership - and it could last however long ya like - a few days, weeks, whatever.
    Now, we can move them to another 'level' although you can also add the same level again - this time making it a 'serial' subscription at $5. Set it to 1 month - and then the member will be automatically charged each month on their renewal date.

So does this mean by using both the membership plugin and membership, you can create a one time setup fee?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.